Game wont launch

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MrMaverick, Oct 31, 2014.

1. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

I had just clicked the update button when my computer locked up. once restarted the computer I tried running the game but it wont start at all. I have uninstalled the game then reinstalled, still wont start,downloaded latest version, installed that, wont start, deleted all the files each time, installed on a different drive, still not starting. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it working?

2. zerocool

zerocool Registered

I had a similar problem. Seems like it can be partially fixed by deleting this folder and starting over:

X:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor

[EDIT]
    OK update, my game works again!
    1) MOVE the original folder above to your desktop
    2) launch the game and it will create a new folder, exit the game
    3) copy back the (DELETED) rFactor.credentials & rFactor.name files into the new folder
    4) Game on!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  3. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Cheers I will try that.

I can not find the file you said, did a full computer search and came up with nothing. The AppData file is nowhere to be found.
    Ive tried running the game with the Program Compatibility , it says that it failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".
    It seams that when the computer froze it may have wiped something out. All other games work, just RF2 has taken a nose dive.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
  4. zerocool

zerocool Registered

You have to show hidden files in Windows.

Click computer. Organize, Folder and Search options, view (tab),
    [​IMG]

5. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

OK, didnt know about that , cheers. I did it but when i remove those files, start the game i get the online and offline tabs and they are all greyed out. shut it off, replace those files again but the it fails to launch at all again. could there be somthing wrong with those files?

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Probably something wrong with the files. Remove them.

when the online/offline tabs are greyed out. Login again with your rF2 account and password.

7. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

OK I got it working. i removed the files in the user section, 3 of them. start the game then log in user name and password. shut it off, only 2 files were in the user section so i put back in the "rFactor.okay" file in with the 2 new files that were now there and now it works. cheers for the help, wouldn't have figured it out otherwise.

8. Myles Rowe

Myles Rowe Registered

I am having the same problems with the demo but I still can't figure this out. I went into users then my name then roaming but there was no .rFactor. I couldn't find the organize and that stuff either please help.

9. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

have a look at post no 4 above here, i couldn't find those files eather till i did what it says in post 4.