Game takes a lot to open

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ViSo, Jul 2, 2014.

1. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Im recently having troubles to run the game, it takes a minute or so to open, when usually it opones practically instantly.

TRACE FILE
    As you can see, there is something wrong, 2 things, the deliveries that cant be found, and the hwinput loop, wtf is that?

Thanks

2. canastos

canastos Registered

It's quite clear to me: there is some Problem acquiring(detecting) keyboard

any keyboard change lately?, if not, try to plug it to a different usb port, or even better, unistall it from Device Manager and make windows detect it again

byyyyyyyyye

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

At least it tried like #### to find it!

Apparently youve got more problems that just keyboard. Of course you noticed that it tried at least 3 time to find croft,(I guess that was the track you drove last) and it wasn't able to load your last car choice(?) - referring to all the cars graphic parts with too long of names (maybe a bad mod?) either your install got severely messed up or you might be having some sort of heat problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  4. canastos

canastos Registered

Indeed! :D

byyyyyyye

5. ViSo

ViSo Registered

No keyboard problem here, tryed without any keyboard connected, and the time to open is the same, but without that hwinput lines.

6. canastos

canastos Registered

If I was you, I would also reinstall 660 using lite installer, also reinstall Croft and the mod you're racing these days ... and plug keyboard to another usb port ;)

byyyyyyyye

7. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Happens on B660, a fresh install of B770, without croft and the mod used, only 2 oficial car/circuit from ISI without vmod.
    (()
    Its annoying me, its really werid to wait 40-50segs every time I run the game ... UI editing is making me losing ton of time ...

8. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Happens on B660, a fresh install of B770, without croft and the mod used, only 2 oficial car/circuit from ISI without vmod.

Its annoying me, its really werid to wait 40-50segs every time I run the game ... UI editing is making me losing ton of time ...

A new trace file:
    This time B770

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have you tried disabling your antivirus software? Just in case it's done something weird.

10. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Viso what are you system specs?

11. ViSo

ViSo Registered

No antivirus her3, I hate them, my antivirus: me, Im the only one whos using this PC and I know what I do.

My specs ar3 in my profile: i7, gtx770, 16gb ram, ssd, ... I have PC for 5x rFactor2 at the same time :)

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I dont know if it will have anything to do with your problem viso but...
    ...in the log files of last race at croft that you won ;) there were a lot of strange lines referring to cherokyton which didn't take part in the race. The size of the files weas huge as well due to it. You were using his car. Now that I see something relating his winshield skin dds I wonder if it has anything to do with it.

13. ViSo

ViSo Registered

GeForce Experience is the problem, no GeForce Experience no problems.

Now Im without ShadowPlay ...

14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Interesting. Did you check ShadowPlay settings to see what could explain this behavior? I don't have any problem with mine but it's not started automatically as it wait for a key combination to start recording and for saving (manual). I suggest also to check target destination in case you have a bunch of unwanted recorded video out there ;)

15. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I have manual only too.
    It is not only rF2, all games takes a lot to open with fullscreen, if I play at windowed mode it is instantly (like always).
    I cannot check ShadowPlay, my problem with GeForce Exp. is that I cannot open it, the window freeze always I open it, tryed older drivers tryed uninstalling with DDU... I did a search and seems to be a known bug that is present atleast since 327.xx driver.

Why now and not before?
    I dont know, I did nothing, same PC, same softwares, any changes at all. Im planing to update my SSD, I will do a format c:, until then, I will play in windowed mode, it is like fullscreen :)

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

They probably introduced some bugs with an update and that made this problem on your machine. I read lot of persons have problem with this piece of software and that's sad. For me it work perfectly and it's really useful; so I'm one of the lucky guys who can use it... Hope they will fix this problem soon!