Game keeps crashing mid race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Aaron Markham, Jun 27, 2024.

1. Aaron Markham

Aaron Markham Registered

Hi, my RF2 used to run fine until I got a new power cable fitted and now for some reason I get crashes mid race. Screen will totally freeze and I have to manually turn off the tower and turn it back on again. Cannot alt tab out or escape at all. My PC specs are:
    Intel i5-10400 CPU
    16 GB RAM
    NVMe E12S-512G-PHISON-SSD-BICS4 disk
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GPU

Any advice is appreciated

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

New power cable, to the PC? And why did you need a new one?

Sounds like power might still be an issue, or defective hardware if anything could have been damaged prior.

8Ball likes this.
  3. Aaron Markham

Aaron Markham Registered

Power inlet into the PC just failed, not sure why to this day, replaced it and now that’s fine but just have this re occurring bug. It’s worth noting I’ve been given some advice from the unofficial reddit forum about resetting the GPU overclock, I’m not too sure what that means as I’m relatively new to the PC world but I reset all my driver settings back to default and it seems to be working fine for now. Will pop back into the forum if this changes though

4. Comante

Comante Registered

If it crash after a period of long high CPU/GPU use my bet is overheating. Maybe the failing of your previous cable damaged your transformer and now is unable to provide the same output and/or it gets too hot and shut down.
    Another classic: your CPU heat sink is clogged with dust and in bios you disabled power throttling by temperature, and CPU shutdown when overheated.