Game freez's when players exit in MP B1098

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Taris Henrique, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

When we drove, we had no skin transfer active, no fixed upgrades, drivers quit the server and we have liveracers.
    So with information you give, I will test without liveracers to eliminate one possible issue.

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

So an update, we raced tonight without the plugin LiveRacer.dll installed on our server, and no lag (we used free upgrades, no skins transfers, ...).
    We have another race next week and I hope I will confirm this, so I continue to check this.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

We had no luck disabling liveracers...maybe it's skin transfers then.

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Update, we got it again, the LiveRacer.dll was removed, so it's not the root cause of the issue.
    The transfers are not allowed on our server.
    The issue comes after some drivers leave during the race.
    The server is free on upgrades, and drivers use the upgrades they want.

So it's impossible to run a serious online race with the current 1098 build !!!

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

What you can try is to set the server affinity to 1 CPU core and set priority to high.
    Right click on the rFactor 2 dedicated server process in windows task manager.
    If you run multiple servers. Set each server with a different CPU core: Server1 to CPU0, Server2 to CPU1, etc.
    Setting priority to high make the server more stable.

If you shutdown and restart your rFactor2 dedicated server.exe you'll need to set this again. Make sure that each server runs on its own CPU core.
    If it works, you can set a command line to start a server with these CPU settings.

It's an old trick to make servers more stable, especially with multiple servers running on 1 machine.

[​IMG]

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

We never race official round with multiple server, only one. We have got no issue before the build 1098, so I don't think this is the solution we need. I really think there is an issue inside the dedicated server code now.
    Will try your tips, but with no hope.

Gijs van Elderen likes this.
  7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Did it help? I do believe gentleman racers had a renault race yesterday.

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

No, but we tested with a ask to the drivers to not change upgrades when connected on the server and don't leave before the end of the race.
    All worked well, but that was short race.
    Will test again next week on the endurance race to confirm.

9. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Hello,

In our league, one person affected by this, solved the issue by changing configuration of SWAP (or virtual memory). The change is in the user side, not in server side, so everyone affected by the issue should try it.

For doing this: Control Panel -> System and security -> System -> Change Settings

A new window opens, go to 'Advanced' tab, and click "Setting..." in performance section. Then, a new window appears, and you go to "advanced" tab again, and click "Change".

By default, the option "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" is checked, the guy in our league unchecked it, then you select "Custom size". He used the next values:

Initial: 6000 Maximum: 12100 (make sure initial value is above recommended value that appears in the bottom of the window).

You can try to adjust this parameter, and if this doesn't work, try another values, and I think that "adjust best performance of" option must be set to "programs".