Game freezing, black, white screen

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Tilen7, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Tilen7

Tilen7 Registered

Hi to all,
    since last updates I have big problems with the game randomly freezing or getting black or white screen. Precisely, everything started approximately after the last build update. The first time this happened I was making a skin and while saving the new skin in photoshop on one screen and having on the other screen opened rF2 and the car in the showroom, suddenly both screens went black and then the images returned with photoshop in the bright blue border, rF2 instead freezed, but in the background I still heard the buttons sound when passing over it with the mouse. The only solution after is closing the game with task manager. This kind of problem keeps repeating in different circumstances, for example when only viewing the car in the showroom or making screenshots on track. Always when I'm in game and I make other things on the second screen (also in simple folders, chrome...) this problem happens. A couple of times also happened that after the black screen photoshop crashed and I lost the last half an hour work on a skin. Few times the game not only freezed but gave me a white screen.
    I tried many things to fix this that DIDN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM:
    • not having the second screen connected (so working on a single screen, still the black screen happens)
    • using the beta UI
    • using the previous build of the game
    • having the game in fullscreen, borderless or windowed
    • trying a different resolution
    • verified the integrity of local files
    I thought photoshop may be the problem at the beginning (I still use CS6), but then when the problem happened also when ps wasn't opened, that proved it was not the problem. A friend seeing the problem said something suddenly changes me the resolution of the screen and because of this the freezes happen, but can't figure out what would that do. I would like to underline that this only happens with rFactor2, with other sims (iRacing, ACC....) I don't have any kind of problems, especially not this kind. The consequences of this problem are longer times for me to make skins, that's basically the main reason I use rF2. I would like to fix this problem as soon as possible so if someone could help me I would be very grateful!

P.S. Sorry for my not perfect english, hope it's understandable what I've written.

If there's the need I can also make a video of the problem when happens.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Try configuring this three parameters in the player.json with these values.
    "Active Sleep Time":-1,
    "Inactive Sleep Time":-1,
    "Pause If Focus Lost":false,

3. Tilen7

Tilen7 Registered

Thanks, tried this configuration but nothing changed...

4. James Varney

James Varney Registered

Same problem for me.