Game freezes for long duration after some laps

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by cyan5tar, Aug 1, 2017.

1. cyan5tar

cyan5tar Registered

Morning guys,

i have a huge problem in rf2.
    I drive in SRCA (simracing.club acadamy) and there is the last race i trained for.
    It is Istanbul in night.
    The car is the isi camaro.

So after a few laps the game freezes out of nowhere and in the most cases the run is over then because i hit a wall. Right now in training it does not matter because even if i hit someone else its just training but in race this is not good.

I dont understand why this happens just in this given scenario. because both races before it runs just fine.
    Is there maybe a setting i can change to avoid this?

The Game runs in training with 130 fps and with 40 cars still about 100 fps.

I dont want to miss the race but i also dont want to hit some one and ruin his race.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Maybe CPU or GPU runs too hot? When was the last time you cleaned it up?

3. cyan5tar

cyan5tar Registered

dont think so. dont know when i cleaned them. maybe 2 month or something like this.
    like i said i was able to run both races before without any problems.
    what i just tested is to run the game in dx11 and was able to solve this issue. while dx9 still freeze.
    i did 3 longer stints with dx11 (about 10 rounds per stint) without freeze.
    in dx9 i was able to do 2 laps and then had a freeze before turn 2.

my problem is that i want use the hud mit trackmap but it only runs with dx9.
    right now the race tomorrow i can run with dx11 but it is still wired.

Only difference i see between last week and this week is that the track is an other one and it is a nightrace with headlights.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Those Nvidia freezes have plagued rF2 since 2 or 3 years in DX9, it happens randomly and more often with modded content. And night racing is also a factor, I reckon it was more likely to happen the more night lights the track had. It was discussed in a long thread here, but ISI never managed to fix it.

As DX9 is no longer developed, I think the chances are very slim it will ever be fixed.

5. cyan5tar

cyan5tar Registered

Wow thank you stonec. This is an explenation which helps me alot. This also explains why it does not happen in dx11 anymore at least not for me. maybe this helps all the other guys for the last race in srca.