Game files corrupt themselves upon joining when server has different session configured

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Matheus Machado, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado Registered

This issue started happening at the first VEC race of the preseason. And it happens every time there is a custom mod of default cars being used. Every time I join a different type of session without having done the procedure below beforehand or having switched sessions while being connected in game,on the server.

1- I try to join a server the first time the custom mod has been created from the default content. If it is on a testing session (always online, of course), I can join with no issues at all. If it is any other kind of session I get a connection lost message after all other cars are loaded and the race button is about to get orange.

2- I unsub resub from whatever the trace file tells it detected a duplicate veh file, as well as ther custom mode

3- I join the server again and it works normally.

Although on the last race at imola, when skipping to qualifying the game took an unusually long time to switch sessions. I had a connection lost message and the connection lost after all cars loaded happened on warmup. Unfortunately time was too short to unsub and resub to the vec mod, although I was able to unsub resub to all cars. It didn't work regardless. It generated a steamplugin.log on the occasion, I have renamed it to txt for uloading purposes.

You will find attached all trace files properly labeled for identification, should you need any files please ask.
    I really hope this gets looked into as I have serious hopes rf2 can become a major esports platform. Reality has been kicking in pretty hard though and my hopes are dwindling each day.

2. Matheus Machado

another message due to uploading system failure. I accidentally went out of the page and it still counted for files already uploaded

Attached Files:

3. Matheus Machado

So here we go again. Unable to join today's GT challenge races because of this issue. File that resulted in a successful join labeled. This time unrelated to any kind of procedure from my end. I did the usual unsub resub, restarted every router, modem and computer and it dind't work. Then I tried a simple rejoin and it did work. Unfortunately wasn't the case when trying to rejoin from race 2.

Times are in GMT-3 in the logs.

Attached Files:

4. Matheus Machado

Include other logs

Attached Files: