Game crashes upon booting up the game

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Solar Flare, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Solar Flare

Solar Flare Registered

I've recently started playing Rfactor 2 after purchasing it a few months ago. The first few times I ran the game, it ran fine, but then it would start crashing shortly after the game starts. I've tried redownloading the game, but it hasn't fixed the issue, is there any other way I could fix this?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Please tell us what equipment you have, video card/video Ram, cpu, system Ram & is there any error message popping up when the crash happens. Also, are you sure it's a crash or a lockup? Is there any downloading of content? If you haven't played in a while there can be some slow initial loads of the sim itself.

3. Solar Flare

Solar Flare Registered

AMD Ryzen 3 3300U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz, 8GB of RAM and there are no error messages popping up, I'm sure it's a game crash, the game crashes even before the downloading of any content and I've played multiple times within the span of 24 hours and it worked fine before it suddenly began crashing

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If it isn't getting into the game menu at all, run and reinstall all 4 files in the rF2\Support\Runtimes folder.

If still no good, rename the rF2\Userdata folder (just change it to something else, or add "backup" or whatever to the end of it) and try running the game again.

If that starts up, exit the wizard, go into your UserData\Player\player.json and change First run: to false, . Then verify rF2 files through steam, set up the graphics config via the steam rF2 PLAY button, and then run it again.

If not, let us know, and clarify exactly when it crashes.

5. Solar Flare

Solar Flare Registered

Is there a way to get my XBOX One controller to work when plugged into my laptop?