Game Crash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by JimmyT, Mar 3, 2019.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

rF2 has been crashing a lot lately.
    I will be driving (various mods various tracks) and the vision hangs but FFB and sound continues. Vision does not recover and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and end task in task manager to recover my display.
    This is a clip from the windows error log (event viewer)
    The program rFactor2.exe version 1.1.1.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 23c8
    Start Time: 01d4d1962e7eaaeb
    Termination Time: 4294967295
    Application Path: E:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64\rFactor2.exe
    Report Id: 4f83172a-7b5a-4ce0-855b-8f171cc4b987
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any tips oon this would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. Steve Early

Steve Early Registered

I have a similar issue, so far the longest the game has worked is 15 minutes before crashing. This is the only game that I have ever had a problem with. I am running Win7pro on an I7 X990 liquid cooled box with GTX 1080s SLI, 16384MB of ram, in 4K. Just updated the video driver yesterday and the same issue exists. Looking online someone had an issue with video drivers. rFactor2 is not listed under geforce experience, what version of nvidia driver is guaranteed to run with this game. To clarify the video goes black and then returns to the windows desktop screen with the rFactor2 icon in the lower tray, ffb continues along with sound. Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to task manager and then end the rFactor2 process will return the display to normal. The rFactor2 launcher is still open and running on the desktop. The game loads and starts normally. The display crash time varies on the same track, seems to be no consistency between crashes.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

After doing more testing I have found (on Bathurst 3PA) during off line racing against AI that it is more laggy and prone to this type of game crash when there are a lot of cars pitting / re-joining. Not sure if this is related to the "out-of-realtime" freezes that the logs are for but may be worth a bit of a look by S397 ?? I only mention it because the lag gives the rubber banding effect they mention in the thread here https://forum.studio-397.com/index....f-realtime-physics-freezes.62687/#post-981178