G920 FFB Not working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kc21, Nov 9, 2020.

1. kc21

kc21 Registered

I recently got this game and I'm trying to get into it but I just cant get the FFB to work. There is some feeling to it but that is down to the G Hub software. Anything I try changing within the game doesnt make an impact. It would feel the same as if i were just turning the wheel without the simulator. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and where do i go about to get started. Really appreciate it as I'm coming to love this sim more

2. kc21

kc21 Registered

Ok update:
    I figured something was wrong with the drivers and it works now. However the FFB seems sort of glitchy. For example when I enter a corner it holds that steering and tries turning more. I'm new to this sim so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated

3. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Hi there,

You might want to try doing some key word based searches and see what recommendations you can find from other drivers for G29 & G920 wheels (same base & software, with a slightly different wheel on each - i.e. more buttons on the G29) - as both are effectively the same wheel.

In terms of my own settings for my G29, you can start with these and then tweak / adjust them from there as you feel like it.

I don't use the more recent G-Hub software on purpose, as I've read a few negative comments about it and I prefer the older Logitech Gaming Software (I run v9.02.65 - https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_9.02.65_x64_Logitech.exe).
    Note I'm not suggesting you replace G-Hub with LGS - I'm really making that comment for anyone else who may read this thread, as it might be useful to someone.

G29 LGS gaming sw settings 1.jpg
    Within LGS / G-Hub, the main settings to check are the wheel rotation in degrees and I also strongly prefer having spring centering disabled.
    If you are unsure what that does, my advice is to test the game with it enabled and disabled and see which you prefer. Spring centering applies additional (artificial) force to the wheel to help keep it centred, but in my opinion it has a negative effect on how the steering feels.

Within RF 2 - I use the following settings. Some of these are obviously personal preference. FFB smoothing effects the level of FFB detail being provided by the wheel, lowering this to zero (i.e. disabling it) tends to result in far too much vibration etc. So my advice would be to check your current settings and if you're running it higher than 3, then perhaps test it at 3 and see if you think it's better or worse. Steering sensitivity I increase to 150%.

G29 RF2 controller settings 1.jpg

See how you go with those settings to begin with.
    And this thread might be useful to glance through. If not - then consider searching the forum like I've suggested.

This thread discusses G29 FFB settings.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/g29-ffb-settings.66982/

This is an older thread on optimal FFB settings - but it's likely more information than you probably want or need right now.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....actor-2-the-key-to-being-in-the-zone-d.42931/

...oh and while i'm thinking about it you should double check the settings you have for the difficulty options within the game and make sure any unwanted assistance features are disabled (eg: Steering Help and Spin Assistance etc).

My advice is start with the settings i'm using as a base. Tweak / adjust them as you feel like and see how you go. If things feel okay, then go some driving and get a feel for the basics of things in the game for a few days or a week.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  4. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

I also use the older Logitech software. Otherwise the wheel does not work with AMS1. Ingame I use normal Steering sensitivity and smoothing at 2 (with abs cars) and higher with cars that flatspot tires easily (is there any option to specifically dial down this effect?). Minimum torque is at 8

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Make sure aids are off. Steering assist is easy to accidentally hit (F1), turn it off and unassign it.