G29 ratio help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schwud, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Schwud

Schwud Registered

i have a logitech g29 and for some reason my steering ratio is all wrong can any one help me please i have tried manually setting it and setting by vehicle and neither seem to work for me?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As far as I know the vehicle set option doesn't work (for some Logitech wheels, like yours). So you need to set the rotation in the Logitech software first, then go into the game. This does mean you need to adjust it in the Logitech software when changing to a car with different steering wheel rotation.

3. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I have a G920 with the same issue. As Lazza says, I change Steering Range in the Logitech Software to match the Car I want to drive (exit,change,reload). Bit of a pain (especially when I realise I forgot and have just waited for a track to load!!) but not the end of the world.

4. Schwud

Schwud Registered

okay thank you for your advise i will try this tonight but i guess my only problem now is how do i know what car has what ratio and where would i go to find this info out?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Schwud If you go and tick 'vehicle set', then go and select a car, and then go back to options -> controls, it should show the degrees it would want to set your wheel to if it could. Then you can go and set your wheel to that, come back and drive. I can't remember if leaving 'vehicle set' ticked is the best option, or you should untick it before driving.

6. Schwud

Schwud Registered

okay great thank you