G27 steering rotation problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by elbo, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Yaa,thoses crazy numbers start showing after a update,not shure which one,but i see no problem ingame actualy,all works great in my side,but attention,i basicly only use devmod :)

Alex72 likes this.
  2. elbo

elbo Registered

So if I have 2 steering wheels, how does it know which steering wheel I want the rotation values from driver to cull. Is there a line that says which to use?

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@elbo I'm not sure I understand the question, but you only have 1 wheel assigned to steer left and right.

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

@elbo
    I use two wheels too, TSPC as the main one, and the G27 for the pedals and shifter. I found that to make the TSPC work properly, it must be the first on the devices list.
    I don't really know how this is called in english, but i think you can get an idea:
    Cattura.PNG

5. elbo

elbo Registered

Yes, one wheel to steer left and right (G27) and another for shifting and button box (SRW-S1) (the SRW-S1 is bolted to the G27 base) so I was wondering how it knows to read the G27 instead of the SRW-S1. But like you say perhaps it defaults to the one that is assigned as the steer left/right input.
    How do I switch the assignment to make G27 to first one?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I have a G27 plugged in still, despite now having a T500, and at some point when I booted up with nothing plugged in (cleaned my PC perhaps) the order changed and I couldn't get autorotation on my T500 anymore - it seemed to need to be the first device, or something (I might have tried a demo of another game now I think about it... anyway, same deal). I suspect the new software rotation in rF2 will work around that because of what it does (not relying on explicit driver communication, just emulate the stops with FFB).