G27 pedals not correct at start

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by mauserrifle, Jul 10, 2013.

1. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I have this odd problem. When rFactor 2 starts, my pedals are very sensitive. I lock up my breaks instantly. I thought it was the car upgrades and raced with lower brake pressure for weeks. But then I started noticing that it would vary at times. It would brake less when I pushed the pedal more in..

I found the fix. I always have to go the controller menu and see what happens. When I hit the break a little, its at max. Its like sensitvity 300%. When I push it all the way down, then the game finally 'knows' how far my pedals go and its all fixed. So everytime I start the game I have to re-do these steps before racing.

Is this known?

2. canastos

canastos Registered

It's known ... by me at least ;)
    I have a G25, and when leaving box, I always push brake and throttle all down, in neutral, because this happens to both pedals; didn't you also notice that when leaving box for the first time, you do burnouts very easily?

byyyyyyyyye

PS: I guess the G25/27 users community is quite large, so I would expect a fix for this, but I'm not sure if believe or not believe that we will have it :p

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This isn't the game, it's the pedals (or the drivers, actually). When you plug the wheel in it rotates completely to each side, then back to centre, which calibrates it. The pedals don't (can't!) move, so they aren't calibrated.

If you plug the wheel in, then press all the pedals all the way down a couple of times, they will act correctly within the game. You can exit the game, go back in, and they'll still work fine.

If you don't touch the pedals (after plugging the wheel in) until you're in the car, they aren't yet calibrated and will act as you've described.

* If you want to test/confirm this outside of rFactor, grab DXTweak 2 from here:

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

Plug your wheel in first (without touching the pedals), run DXTweak2, then slowly press the pedals and you'll see them 'flick' to 100% when you get the pedal down 20-25% or so. It'll then operate 'properly' within that range, until you press it further.

Most controller drivers presumably work this way, because it makes sense not to assume the range of values that'll be coming in. I know for sure the Logitech drivers (at least) have been working this way for years - I've got a G27, had a G25, and my old black MOMO did the same thing (at one point I had a squash ball behind the brake pedal to give much more resistance, which limited the pedal movement, and this same 'auto-calibration' meant it still calibrated the full range of braking even though the actual pedal movement was halved).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  4. canastos

canastos Registered

Thanks Lazza; so we don't need a fix for this ;), neither from Logitech nor, of course, from ISI

byyyyyyye

5. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ahaa.. well I'm just glad im not the only one :) Tho can be very frustrating for general users who dont know better when simracing for first time.

6. anthonyl

anthonyl Registered

I have a set of Fanatec Clubsport pedals and everytime I go to the pits / escape and then go back into the game..my revs are at full throttle until I touch the go pedal.

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+1