g27 not seen by new wdo 7 install

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by GregT, Feb 26, 2015.

1. GregT

GregT Registered

I had a catastrophic failure of my hard drive recently. Replaced it and installed a fresh copy of windows 7 home premium. download Rf2/ install it and all goes well. run the sim and it won't recognize my g27 clutch or gear selector. I get the joystick calibrate screen in windows, not the wheel calibrate screen and only steer L & R and gas/brake can be mapped. Windows said my g27 usb device was installed correctly and is working but it ain't. Any ideas?

2. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Software

Did you install the Logitech software if yes did that recognize it.
    Also try another sub port.

Ruben

3. GregT

GregT Registered

I have no logitech software with my new g27. DL drivers from logitech, install and it sees a joystick only. Can't calibrate the wheel, only a joystick. I can not get the wheel to be seen, calibrate or recognize in any game my clutch and shifter only, wheel works, gas and brake work but no profiler on my pc to adjust. Where can it be installing that i can't find it?

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just to make sure, you went to configuration screen/hardware/appliances? (could be named slightly differently, mine is Dutch)

There should be a G27 racing wheel. mine has a gamepad icon but that don't matter.

As Ruben suggested, try a different usb port, it has to be in Hardware otherwise it wont work anywhere.

5. GregT

GregT Registered

This sim should serve as a lesson in perseverance to every one, never give up. I tried a different port with no luck. I kept getting the joystick calibrate screen then found I was down loading the wrong logitech software by searching this unbelievably valuable forum. Found the correct link, installed and have my profiler back and all is well. Thanks to all you guys who don't just blow us low techies off cause we gotta race too. After a year or so, not without some struggles and confusion, I have concluded rF2 is with out a doubt the best in the land if you stay with it. Keep it coming isi. Thanks Ruben and Denstjiro again for the help.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

From a fellow low-techie; glad it was fixed, have fun! :)

7. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Blame Logitech for giving the wheel software and the headset/keyboard/mouse software almost identical names *and* requiring you to run both at the same time if you have, say, a G27 and G930 headset. Silly. There should be a single LGS application.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't want bloatware in my wheel driver!

;)

I'm kidding! I'm kidding!