G25 Lock reset mid race -

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Hi Just had this issue start to happen its with all the cars , The game loses the in game wheel lock and reverts to the Logitech profiler setting and it seems to happen at random.

I have Played the game since the beta went live with no issues and it only started after I installed a Logitech webcam and fraps. I have not had a chance to find out if its the cam or fraps yet.

I do know that the webcam inter-fears with the wheel if you plug the cam into the same USB array as the wheel.

so its likely its one of those two that is causing the issue I will do some testing with fraps off and if it still happens I will uninstall the webcam and post an update.

Other than that After a fresh Reformat can run the game at 55-70 FPS all max settings 3xAA

System is i5-2500k , 8GB ram , Nvidea GTx 460 ,1080p screen

2. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

my g27 started to lose sensitivity when the car was speeding up, i was using an old build with the latest updates. i deleted all of them and did a fresh install with latest build without any updates inside and now its fine

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

James, changing wheel settings may be affected but loosing focus by rf2 window. Logitech profiler sets current profile based on active applicarion window.
    In prifiler set your rf2 profile as fixed. Maybe it will help

4. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I have done some more testing it seems to be the quick cam software that's causing the issue , even if the cam is unplugged so long as the Logitech quick cam dash is active on the task bar then it will reset the wheel rotation degrees back to the profiler settings every now and again.

It might be doing as you are saying changing window focus or something else , For now I will just make sure quick cam software is not running.

So its worth making a note of it for people that have Logitech webcam and are then getting issues with the FFB resetting in game mid race or at random.

The FFB goes back to normal if I navigate back to the wheel/controller page in game so it could be a conflict with RF2 and how it applies its settings to the wheel ? I don't seem to have any issues with C.A.R.S but I have not had a chance to try with LFS or NKP to know if its 100% game specific.

5. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

sounds like windows might be thinking your leaving the program, does it do when you alt-tab? try alt-tabing in and out of rfactor to see if it fixes it. quickcam might do that.

6. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I don't think so , I'm fairly confident it was the quick cam software , Its one of those random things that just happens every 1-3 hours but at random lol so makes it hard to identify what the specific trigger is.

I tried the hardware reset/ FFB reset button in game that does nothing, if it happens again I will try alt tabbing , what does fix it is going to the FFB/controller setting in game but obviously to do that you have to esc out of a race.

I have set my Logitech profiler at the degree setting I use in game that way if the game fufs up and it goes back to the profiler its the same so nothing changes.