G25 Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ian-C, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

Hi all

I am wondering if anyone else is seeing an issue with G25 and maybe even G27 wheels. Since upgrading to 590 my wheel rotation is 900 degrees regardless of what is set in the Logitech profiler. I have been on to Logitech thinking it was an issue with their profiler and windows 7 (64 bit) but they say there are no reported issues, so i went back to rFactor to do some more testing.

I started a game and tested the steering on the Clio, looking at the car in the garage turning the wheel i see movement right through the full 900 degrees of rotation. So i went into settings and control and this confirmed it using the steering panel which shows movement through the full 900 degrees. I then clicked the detect button and it started to work on the 220 degrees i have set in the profile, so i thought problem solved must be some legacy issue from updating and re-detecting the wheel had solved it. On returning to the game and repeating the steering test it was back to 900 degrees so i went back to the settings and this as well had returned to 900 degrees. Clicking detect again makes it work again but each time i return to the driving seat it goes back to 900 degrees rotation.

Is anyone else seeing a similar issue as it's now driving (no pun intended) me mad.

Regards
    Ian

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'll hope you get another response so we can narrow this down, but I will report it.

3. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I use a G25 and only used logi profiler to get the drivers then I disable it and use the windows game controller settings. I have it set to 600 in the windows settings. In game I do not use "car select" setting and keep it at 600. After the new build nothing has changed for my wheel. Same settings as the build before.

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

This could happen if the profiler is set to 'allow game to adjust settings' and RF2 is set to 900 or 'vehicle set'

5. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I did some further testing last night with different cars and what ever it is is not affecting the Megane's or the F2's but the Panoz and the Clio both have the problem. the Panoz is the same as the Clio where if i detect the wheel in settings it responds to the 220 degrees but as soon as i go in cockpit it reverts to 900 degrees and if i return to settings it remains at 900 degrees until i click the detect button again.

@kaptainkremmen: I don't think it has anything to do with allowing the game to adjust settings as it would affect all the cars the same not just specific mods.

I will do some further testing when i get some time with some of the other vehicles.