FVR V8Supercars 2019 v9.xx Released on Steam

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 30, 2019.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Hi All just letting you know if you are interested in the new FVR_V8Supercars 2019 v9.0 mod. This is a standalone emulating the 2019 series. It's on Steam now... This is a full install and does not interfere with the 2018 mod which is undergoing it's own updates.

Attached Files:

MarcG, Cangrejo, Churrinche and 5 others like this.
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I haven't driven a Supertaxi since overdosing on them in rF1.
    Might be time to show those "am uber am slow" jokers who the real clown is.:)

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Can vouch for this mod. Looks great, sounds great and drives fantastically well. You can also skin them with the new PBR (oooh shiny).

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say "Thank you"

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  4. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Best mod in RF2 in my opinion.

5. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

great mod, really good job!

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Drives good, sounds good, would be nice to see a bit better quality interior modelling then it would be even better, that is the only downside I can see or feel.

bwana likes this.
  7. Don Fryman

Don Fryman Registered

Any idea on a time frame for the updates to the 2018 mod? Just curious as we are using these mods in our 2020 Winter series at https://cmsracing.com/thursday/

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

@FlashQld
    at least for me the headlights (rainlights) on the Ford still shine, even if off ;)
    couple of other little things I've noticed below, maybe you want to consider them with the next update!?
    • Ford
      • in swingman cam you see the right "realtime" mirror, but not the left (intentionally? at least the other cars don't have it at all)
    • Holden
      • wheels don't cast shadows
      • breaklights extend to the trunk over the seam, guess this is a little too much
    • Nissan
      • taillights are glowing and look strange from some perspective - would be great if that could be improved
    • all
      • some track textures clip through the window tex, I believe this is due to missing alpha sort offset setting (should be > 4)
      • window inside material is highly reflective, maybe because of a much too white alpha or "wrong" material setting
      • default seat position is veeeery deep, maybe intentionally but would be great to have a higher default setting if possible ;)
      • swingman camera is offset to the back and it would be great to have it in the center of the cars
      • driver heads (helmets) are static and don't move (again, maybe intentionally but then I would wish they do :D)

9. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Probably a week maybe.

buzz hornet and bears like this.
  10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Thanks for that feedback. Yes looking at those issues you have mentioned.

buzz hornet and FuNK! like this.
  11. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

It won't be S397 quality as I have a real job and this took long enough to get to this point. It depends what you mean better quality modelling?

makan and buzz hornet like this.
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I just noticed that this has below the dash were low res, floorpan, electronic module etc. It is obviously not a high priority thing but considering most Sim racers use cockpit view it would make it seem more real with higher res / texture interiors and door skins. It certainly doesn't affect the fun factor.

13. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

it's one of the weak point of rf2 the cockpit even for the official content, (with some sounds)

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

The newer official content isn't too bad interior wise but is certainly nowhere near PC2 or ACC standard. I do believe the devs are cooking something that is meant to be very good on this front so I am sure modders will be able to do the same one day.

15. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

They were throwbacks from the 2014 mod we did, possibly earlier which we made multiple cockpits with different dash and motecs. I don't disagree with you and being a VR user I was a little concerned by the old fashioned detail that was acceptable a few years back. I have only used VR on them once about a week ago. These have taken a gazillion years to get to this and feature more detailed cockpits than other mods of similar levels, we do have some background work but wanted to deliver the 2019 mod at least in 2019. We can also claim that ours are fully scratch built, apart from a few S397 textures. So our resources are quite low. We don't have the backing of paid sponsors therefore it is an hours work nightly for 12 months, blended in with family life and careers, sometimes more between two of us. It is a labour of love and we accept your comments and I totally agree with them. If time permits this year we may do some more on them seeing as there is no new car models, no doubt with your comments, articulated well will no doubt spur me on anyway.

***Added*** - No disrespect above for any modders of any vintage, apart from the rippers. My worse thought is I'm already thinking of the extra cockpit additions aagghhhh

cheers

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    makan and Corti like this.
  16. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

When the devs cook something it means stay tuned and wait for a year and then we won't provide you any assistance and a ton more work. Having been doing this since 2004 I can assure you I've seen it all. :)

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

You certainly have a lot more patience, dedication and motivation than I ever could with something like this. Keep up the good work.

18. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

You got that right. +1