[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2018 v8.90 - FULL INSTALL UPDATED 24 MAR 2018

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Mar 6, 2019.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Thanks BrabhamJack - funnily enough it happens every time we have released something I most definitely agree with your analogy on the groupings. I'm not too concerned - as you say the silent and thankful majority are why we do this. The others we try to help but if they can't help us to help them then why should we care. I'm old and crusty enough not to have to worry. Thanks again.

2. Corti

Corti Registered

I am not a great tester expert and perhaps one of the many who can not give a reliable opinion to improve things. I do not know if it was the last updates of the controller.json files but what if it is true that the FFB has changed for the better and I think that as always the V8 is a mod that needs a hundred and hundreds of times for the immersion to arrive and you can enjoy it (at least in my case)

Grande!!! mate Thx for your job​

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Top bit of footage there Corti

4. Binny

Binny Guest

5. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Even if he provides his subjective opinion does it mean it's valid by any means? He didn't race the real car (and I don't think anyone here did). I've searched opinions on Super V8 version in Automobilista, but found only few vague statements that it's high quality, but with no hint what they are basing their opinion on. For me handling the AMS version when loosing traction in corner seems weird - it starts sliding but then easily regains traction, but perhaps it's actually quite accurate.It's definitely different than your's mod, but I don't think any real driver tried both mods to compare. Even if you had objective data like telemetry output, had same setup, weather , track conditions it still doesn't tell how realistic the mod handles at the limit, or if FFB is accurate.

Anyway, congratulations and thanks for releasing the mod, I like you've integrated the latest reference tires that are virtually the same as S397 used in DLCs. For me it's fun to drive, maybe except that for me tires degrade quickly, but I know they are not that durable as in GT3 IRL.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Feralarri likes this.
  7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@Binny Don't the real V8's use 117kpa? That's what I've seen while watching the racing on the TV. I'm pretty sure they run at the lowest allowable in the Supercars Rules. (117kpa) This is the lowest that you can set them in the mod too.

Edit: that is cold tyre pressure.

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  8. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Hi Avenger82 - apparently the tyres in a V8 Supercar are undersized for the size and weight of the car, a lot of us watching the series always have our doubts about the Dunlop as well, also you must consider the locked diff/axle therefore unlike your normal cars diff where the wheels rotate differently this
    https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/minimum-tyre-pressures-mandated/

Binny likes this.
  9. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Hi Binny indeed as stated above the minimum pressure you can run in supercars is 117kPa however i think you want to aim for about 170-180 kPa when hot. On some tracks starting pressures may need to be up as high as140-150 to achieve hot pressures so monitor your pressures and adjust accordingly.

Binny likes this.
  10. Binny

Binny Guest

TYVm for the info. appreciated.

11. Binny

Binny Guest

@flash; you cannot compare 1 sim to another or 1 mod from another sim to another. In most cases totally different ffb, physics, eye candy, game engine ect...
    Why ppl do this is beyond me their thinking is so far fanboy to 1 particular mod or sim i find it hilarious.
    i appreciate the differences in sims but rf2 IMHO has the best physics and tyre model & thats what keeps drawing me back.

12. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

I know right. But it is amazing over the many years we've been doing this how many people do. At the moment I am going through the motions to convert this mod to rF1, knowing the physics are definitely totally different, then convert to Automobilista, again totally different again but similar in nature to rF1. My previous experience doing this was our cars were smoother to drive in AM then they were in rF1. Again personal preference. I agree rF2 seems to have the best all round which draws people, however that is not to say the others don't have their good points. Each to his own.

Binny likes this.
  13. Binny

Binny Guest

@FlashQld any info you can let us in on regarding the mustang or the 2019 mod ? pics, progress ECT..
    also how are the new sounds coming?

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Hi Binny - the Mustang is all but finished and is awaiting skins for the mod mustang 2.PNG . Some graphics tweaking is required but that's just been put on hold whilst we await those skins and I've taken time out to do some work on the Newcastle track. There is no new sounds as such but some modifications. As you can see - its awaiting windows and headlights, then once I have them then I will export everything again to tweak the high spec out but we need the skins original so that we can use them for the rf1 conversion. We have several Holdens as well but they all take time unfortunately.

Attached Files:

15. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Those skins look like they aren't made according to the albedo maps? The white is very overexposured. Need sunglasses while driving :cool::D

16. Binny

Binny Guest

looks great back on newcastle cant wait for that 2. look frwd to driving this and on newcastle in the future. tyvm for the progress update.

17. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Very good and yes you are correct hence my earlier comment graphical tweaking is required. "I will export everything again to tweak the high spec out but we need the skins original so that we can use them for the rf1 conversion". See you got so excited that you didn't read everything ::D We do them as required for rF1 first then adjust them for rF2 as its a bit painful the other way around.

I should point out that I wait until I have everything before tweaking as its so easy to miss one, so I do one at a time and tick them off making sure each one is done. So when people ask for a screenshot or update it is difficult because ordinarily they look like crap until I do that bit. See I purposely did the low down screenshot because a slight higher shot made the cars look even brighter :) Imagine if we released with out the albedo adjustments, would have been a dog fight.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    pkelly likes this.
  18. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

Great work on the new Mustang Model and look forward to passing a few :p

FlashQld likes this.
  19. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

"Tell him he's dreamin' "
    Looking great Flash :cool:

Vance Le Garde and FlashQld like this.
  20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Is that before or after crying over parity? ;)