[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2018 v8.90 - FULL INSTALL UPDATED 24 MAR 2018

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Mar 6, 2019.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

@FlashQld A couple of things:

- When driving the Altima the "electric whine" noise overpowers the V8 Sounds, it's almost like it's a transmission whine kinda sound (hard to explain), it's much more prevalent/loud in this car than the Ford & Holden.

- Also the Altima's steering wheel is not central on the Steering Shaft and the Steering Shaft pokes through the Steering Wheel, please see attached picture

- Finally Jamie Whincup has no Team set in the VEH file so this area is Blank in the Standings Screen

Many Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The Altima’s engine is quieter than the other two.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hmm maybe yeah but not by much and certainly not as much as in this mod currently, you can barely hear the V8 over what I described.

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Yeah the electric whine is going to be looked at - I'll have to drag out the headphones.

As for the steering wheel - hmmmm - didn't even notice that. Mind you when we got to the Altima I'd had enough. Easy fix though - consider it done.
    Jamie has gone rogue. Show you how simple this mistake was after we did 52 Veh files, plus 2013 and 2017 were also being done so 150 of them we did this silly thing Team= "Red Bull Holden Racing Team" and it should have been this Team="Red Bull Holden Racing Team" - and that's our downfall sometimes. Usually we get last years stuff and change it to suit, saves rewriting everything and boom that silly little error creeps in. All fixed now.

Hazi, Atsuki, GPNeville and 3 others like this.
  5. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Originally we made the sound to match what you can hear on TV from incar, after all the driver has a helmet and earphones in. We figured the rumble of the V8 was muffled but yeah you know I want the V8 sound so maybe it's time to update that.

pkelly, nipzon and MarcG like this.
  6. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Turns out there was a typo. So should be sorted soon.

JimmyT, pkelly and MarcG like this.
  7. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Various Fix Update v8.90 will be released 24th March 2019

makan, avenger82, bears and 9 others like this.
  8. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Great work guys

9. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Great work. Cars handle better for me, but I think tyres wear too quickly, at least with my driving style. I have to be very gentle. A spin can cause 10% drop. Somehow GT and LMP cars from official DLCs, that use similar tyres have way less tyre degradation.

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Can we have a changelog please? I've updated to the newest version but I don't know what's changed XD

11. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

CHANGELOG - v8.90 24th March 2019

Separated mirrors on FGx
    Repaired mirrors to individually work x 3 cars as requested for VR usage especially
    Fixed transmission sound issue. Appeared to be a typo. Seahawks Option still operates.
    An update to the tyre files - mainly to stop them overheating when going on to gravel and grass - I do know lots of miles put on them.
    Optional LCD screen to show race data has been fixed or implemented.
    Fixed font issue with Falcon LCD
    Relocated LCD's
    Relocated light bulbs on Falcon so it showed up. Some flash in pit lane as per the real car.
    Fixed shadowing in some cases where it was errant.
    Fitted new under car shadows, including tyre shadows.
    Fixed driver in spinner so he shows up.
    Fixed steering rod on Altima poking through steering wheel.
    Jamie Whincup team name was wrong
    Window issue with rear banner on ZB fixed
    Black bit around window on ZB rectified
    Implement remove steering wheel in options - swaps with at minimum Rev Leds - in some cars includes old D153 motecs.

Did forget one thing on ZB - minor graphical glitch but it will get by for now.

So hopefully that covers it all.

12. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

It was the first time I have ever kept a list on my screen of what we were doing and ticked them off one at a time. Now I can go off to finish our Mustang and Newcastle.

pkelly, AMillward, Hazi and 2 others like this.
  13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hi @FlashQld Thanks for the Update it's very much appreciated :)

Just a Couple of things:
    - The AI "Transmission Sound" is still too prominent to me, when watching TV Cams & Opponents Sound when Driving it still drowns out the V8 Sound far too much.
    - The Nissan Ultima is now missing Steering Wheel & other Cockpit items (see screenshot)
    GRAB_056.JPG

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

These cars + Donington Park National layout = :D
    Unbridled joy, throwing them over the final chicane curbs oh man that's fun, just need to teach the AI to do the same!

15. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

HI MarcG - I will check the AI Transmission again. I'm a bit concerned as that one was the issue and it appears I have done everything to the cockpit but forgot to give an option to retain the steering wheel. Looks like that was my test INI file. I'll get that rectified asap.

Corti likes this.
  16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

OK cool mate thanks, the cockpit is missing the drivers seat, drivers model as well etc

17. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Okay that was a whoops moment sorry everyone. I have it sorted but reluctant to post an update for server issues, I will post an actual updated file tonight my time on mediafire for those that want it immediately and then will update the Steam version to a full install version on the 30th.

Narrowbackwing, Corti and MarcG like this.
  18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Hi Flash, got an issue with creating my own skin and applying it to a virtual ride.

I've got alt_aj.dds and alt_ajEXWINDOW.dds in a .mas file (As I would have done for 2016) and trying to apply it to a virtual ride. But while the body works, the windows and lights keep defaulting to the DJR Penske ones. Do I need to use a new naming format or do I need to use a new template? I've put a screen below. Cheers.

GRAB_307.JPG

19. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Hi Aiden
    As soon as I get home tonight I will place a list up of all the naming on the current cars and an explanation of the genstring file numbers and their parts associated. The three cars are slightly different to each other in naming. The templates are correct however for the Falcon just the naming may be incorrect. If you could try alt_ajextra8 and alt_ajextra9 - that may work in the short term but I will confirm tonight my time. Brisbane.

Jeremy

AMillward likes this.
  20. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Okay the Falcon FGX is as per below
    Extra2="pitbox" //alt_ajpitbox.dds
    Extra3="helmet"
    Extra4="grille"
    Extra5="rims"
    Extra6="rollcage"
    Extra7="dash"
    Extra8="windowsout"
    Extra9="windshieldin"

The Altima is as per below
    Extra2="pitbox"
    Extra3="helmet"
    Extra4="grille"
    Extra5="rims"
    Extra6="rollcage"
    Extra7="dash"
    Extra8="exWindow"
    Extra9="inWindow"

The Commodore ZB is as per below
    Extra2="pitbox"
    Extra3="helmet"
    Extra4="grille"
    Extra5="rims"
    Extra6="rollcage"
    Extra7="dash"
    Extra8="windowsout"
    Extra9="windshieldout"

Not sure if you can get away with using the naming such as alt-ajextra8.dds and so on and so forth.
    I will add a detailed list of all the Gen Strings if required. This will give different steering wheels, different motecs, different led displays for the pit lights etc

AMillward likes this.