[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2014-2016 v6.5 Updated- 18 February 2017 - UPDATED FULL INSTALL

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

View attachment 18886

Feel free to drop over to www.FVRFactor.com - our rFactor 2 mod links - available in Steam Workshop, Remote Content and shortly on our website. Version 6.0 needs you to totally remove previous versions, once installed you can update to v6.1. If you fancy yourself as a skinner, please feel free to help us out on the 2013 skins and we can post the mod into the list. Version 6.1 has some all important physics tweaks and hopefully all cars are visible this time, Coulthard was missing.

We are proud that this mod was built from the ground up at FVRFactor. 99% of the mod is scratch built, wretched thing the wipers and driver. We also have a User Interface on our website for the mod. The mod has multiple options in it to suit various configurations of how you want to drive. We have incorporated 5 years of trackconfigs so we have captured diff and tyres and depending on your track year should rubn the correct items. The 2015 season is included with test skins and Adelaide skins at present. There is the new 2016 and the old faithful 2014. There is our newly modelled VF as promised for the 2015 and 2016 series plus the inclusion of our FGX for 2015 and 2016. All 5 cars represented over these years were built in house from scratch by our FlashQld, painted by Ferret40. Sounds were done by Bebop01 who has since departed to do other things. dBens1 and Feralarri have combined on physics and tyres, with Feralarri assisting me to compile this latest version. We are but a small team of friends spread out on the East Coast of Australia to Tasmania.

Please understand that if you find a fault we are only human, this is a hobby and we're not waging any wars over this. If you don't like FVR don't download because we've been there and we do this for our own enjoyment. If you don't like it then you don't like it but if you do that's great. We'd love to hear from you if you do.

Please don't rip any parts from it (those that threatened they would) we worked a long time on this and please show some respect in the process.

This mod is CPM enabled.

Special thanks to the following:
    Ferret40 - Skins and templates
    dBens1 - Physics
    Feralarri - Physics and Tyres
    Bebop01 - All sounds
    FlashQld - All 3D models, scripting and stuff

FVR Special Access Members for their testing and fault finding. A few of you guys went above and beyond, stay tuned for some more testing very soon.

Aerobaticrug
    bigchook
    Blastermatt
    buzzhornet
    cgood124
    chrisfry82
    coops
    craigbowie
    feepit684
    Feralarri
    highpriest
    holden1968
    JimmyT
    K9VING
    mag1965
    Nebehr
    noobsbane283
    RockShark
    Sals1
    Stoffel
    tixeon
    V8Skinner
    vancstar
    xtra-large

FVR Members for just being there.

Our dogs, cats, partners and kids

Racing-Leagues.com for their support and testing. They have a 2016 series starting January all welcome.

Updated 18 February 2017 v6.5 Full Installer - All cars are in the share folder

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/44m5ev82ta623/FVR_V8SUPERCARS_Version_6.5_Full

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Jack7793 likes this.
  2. EaglemanGT

EaglemanGT Registered

Awesome FlashQld Thanks and yeah the Racing-Leagues.com guys are a great bunch of mates.

BTW FYI Somebody uploaded the cars to the "Remote Content" of the rFactor 2 launcher and none of the cars download. Failed Verification

However, your site is flawless as usual, fast download from across the pond.

Cheers

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thats not these

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Great mod!. Thank you to all involved. Feels great around the island & the new cockpits are a treat : ]

5. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

That mod is not the FVR cars :)

6. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 Registered

Great, thankyou for this mod, brillant. I did a video!

7. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Really can't say enough thanks for this mod. It is simply awesome, every little detail has been worked on, physics are fantastic, visuals also and the sounds.... :)

Yes we have a Euro series and an Australian / NZ series starting shortly.

https://youtu.be/Wy3WBm9S0mE

Thank FVR, keep up the good work

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

8. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Excellent video and great driving FlyinFinn2 - I watched all 3 laps and was impressed by your skills. 2:08 neat. I wish I could be that skillful in my driving.

There are several messages on the display that should pop up every now and then. Of course you can place the motec behind the wheel in a static position.

Unfortunately the real V8 Supercars have an indicator light in the windscreen that shows what tyre set they are on. We did ask for that function from ISI but it hasn't happened, would be handy for driver swaps as well, but for now we have the light to indicate the type of race, so a green light means soft sprint tyres only and a red light means duals, but it doesn't change when you change the tyres during the dual races, hopefully as of 2016 that won't be a major issue. ISI it would be great if you could support that light for driver swaps and tyres.

Anyway glad you like it. Stay tuned for the 2015 cars with some extra features and bits.

Jeremy

9. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

These are very nice!!! Certainly feel like the beasts the real cars actually are. Tons of work has paid off. Thanks.

11. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Thank you Thank you Thank you. Ive only had time to do a couple of laps & wow the wait was worth it fairdinkum world class work congrats top effort. Thank you so much for sharing
    FVR you guys should be proud :D :D

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

13. bears

bears Registered

Love the mod great effort guys ;)

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Cheers - found a couple of niggling issues which we are working on as we speak.

15. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Not bad at all. Certainly have come a long way since I last drove this mod a couple of years ago...

For me the tyres are still a concern. They over heat & lose traction too quickly & they wear out way too fast.
    The cars are also a tad quick, but only a tad.
    The models themselves look very good & physics are getting better.

If the tyres issues are fixed the mod would be excellent.

Keep up the good work & looking forward to the progress. :cool:

16. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Thankyou for your feedback Obbzy. I'm not sure how you drove it two years ago as it didn't exist and the physics for the last one were for a different style of car. These can't be compared as they have a different chassis arranmgement. This mod is totally different and has a collaboration working on the physics, including two people carrying out the changes and 30 testers. As for the tyres, in the first post there is a base setup which should resolve the issues regards tyres. It makes it more tunable, we don't believe there is an issue with the tyres as our testers once setup weren't experiencing this issue you mention. However if I drive them I'm not smooth enough. Our 2012 mod also underwent a physics patch in November just gone and improved the handling immensely mind you if they are too easy and people dont have to set them up then we get in trouble by the haters, its a tough world boo hoo heheheh. Try the setup, warm the tyres. Mind you our physics guys will read this and may offer some more advice with regards gto the setups. Anyway I shouldn't be responding, I don't do the physics - thats the other department and they should be responding. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  17. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Hi Obbzy_XR I am part of the physics team which developed this mod. We have done heaps of laps testing on these tyres with no trouble. As Flash says mate please try the base setup for the cars and see how it goes. Also when the track is green tyre wear is higher. Once the track rubbers in it reduces. I have just finished running two league races on Adelaide where we did 20 laps in each race on hards and we only got down to 50% on the left rear while running 1.21 s laps. If you overheat the tyre it will wear, you have to drive these cars smooth as in real life or you pay the price and the tyre will be mush. See how you go with these tips and please report back how you went

18. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Thanks for your hard work, feels better than the 2012 cars. I also would say there is a problem with tire surface temps. The surface barely cools down even if you're just rolling on a straight. Usually in rF2 the surface temp fluctuates pretty heavy.
    I also have a question. Is the differential really completely locked in real life?

19. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Sorry Flash, I meant the 2012 version 2 years ago. Being FVR & V8's people like me assume that the mod/s have evolved rather than revolved!

Feralarri, I tried the set up (& others) and the tyres still wear too quickly for mine.
    Very noticeable on tracks such as Eastern Creek & Phillip Island where you can watch the wear rate tumble on the fast sweepers.
    Also the tyres seem to lose grip in a very short space of time. Perhaps I'm driving too 'ragged', but my normal style is fairly 'conservative' in order
    to preserve tyre wear & avoid excessive heat buildup? I'm not using traction control, stability control or ABS, dunno if that makes a difference?
    It shouldn't, as the real life V8's don't have 'em?

Maybe I'm coming across as too harsh? Just providing my assessment for what it's worth (2 cents).
    Like I stated, it's a much better car than the FVR mod I drove a couple of years ago.
    Apart from the tyre issue I was actually enjoying driving the cars. They sound excellent, look great & handle quite well.
    Hopefully I'll find a setup that works with my driving style?

20. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Yeah mate you cannot drive them flat out without looking after the tyre. Losing massive wear at PI and EC I would say you are flat sliding the car and that will generate wear. As I said we ran 20 laps at 1.21 on adelaide down to 50 % wear and the car still had grip. I dont use any assists.
    Are you running hards or softs?
    What lap times are you running at EC or PI?
    if you like PM your setup and I will see if I can improve tyre wear fro you