Full screen replay UI annoying problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Alexandr Meshkov, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

I have annoying problem while watch replays.

1. When I press Tab to show/hide driver labels or when I use Alt+Tab to switch from another window to rf2. Game recognize Tab to switch focus between UI buttons. Usually after I use Tab focus going to "TV" camera button. And when I press Space to Play/Pause replay game instantly switches to TV cam every time when I hit Space. I need to make mouse click on free space on screen to stop this. If I press Tab two times game switches to Cockpit cam every time I press Space. Next time I press Tab it is move focus to Nosecam button and so on.

2. If I use play/pause/rewind buttons in UI focus goes to those buttons and next time I press Space to pause replay game recognize it as Play button only when I hold it. If I pause replay with mouse click in UI next time I press Space to play replay it working only while I hold button. If I press slow motion play button then when I hold Space game just play in normal speed but it should behave like play/pause switch. Again to stop this behaviour I must make mouse click on free space on screen and then space works as it should.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Change the key mapping of driver labels to anything but TAB.

Lazza likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I always used tilde ~ for driver names, has never conflicted with anything else in rF1/rF2.

Doesn't help for alt-tab of course.

From a quick Google there seems to be some possibilities for ignoring Tab in HTML pages, hopefully that is true for the game UI as it seems unlikely people would navigate using that method.

Same goes for the play control buttons receiving focus - if there's no expectation of people clicking on a UI element and using space to activate it, capture the space press and force it to play/pause only.

Bear in mind the UI has received almost zero attention since release, but a couple of months back there were strong hints from a dev that we'd see some changes soon so can only hope stuff like this will be addressed.