Full course yellow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bkim, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Just had my second race on Indianapolis with the Brabham with full course yellow set.
    After 5 laps the first full course yellow was a fact. Safety car out; everything okay. But after that first safety car there was only yellow flags and no more safety car while the accidents were severe.
    Is this a known "problem" or do i have to set a parameter in the user file?
    Yesterday i also raced the same race and had the exact same problem.

Grtz. Boby

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Pretty sure you can change the "threshold" (is sensitivity a better word?) for which the safety car reacts to incidents/accidents.
    It's somewhere in the .plr if I remember correctly.

EDIT:
    Just had a look and I'm not sure if it's actually working at this point.
    Someone wiser will correct me any time. :)

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Not sure on why that would happen , we just had a race at Indy with the DW12 and the safty car came out every time ..

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Now Bkim surely knows I'm kidding him, but maybe the pace car was running faster than he was:rolleyes:

5. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Lol...im slow but nah...not that slow...i hope :)
    Maybe its the brabham? I'll try the DW12 see how that goes. Oh..by the way, i was running off-line against AI.

6. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Found it in the player JSON:
    GPRIX Safety Car Thresh#":"Threshold for bringing out safety car (lower numbers -> more full-course yellows), please note that there are now RFM multipliers for this value",
    NOw the question is: there is a RFM multiplier:confused: so i do not know what value is should use but i'll just try something out.

7. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Just tired the DW12 with 29 AI. After three laps there was a major incident. Three cars involved. There was a yellow flag but the safety car did not come out. After about 10 seconds or so the yellow flag disappeared and the race continued as if nothing had happened.

8. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hey Bkim,

When you make a mod, you specify an rfm(rfactor mod file?) file to package it with.
    You can find the default.rfm file in your AppData\Roaming\~MASTEMP folder

Many options in there worth checking out, including:

SafetyCarRoadMult=1.00 // Safety car threshold multipliers, in other words an adjustment for the sensitivity of the game to calling full-course cautions.
    SafetyCarOvalMult=0.60 // Lower numbers result in more full-course cautions; default=1.0, possible values are 0.01 (very sensitive) and up.
    SpinRoadSeverity=0.00 // Whether full-course cautions may be called for a spin more than 90 degrees where the driver keeps going.
    SpinOvalSeverity=0.10 // Higher values will result in more full-course cautions due to these temporary spins; default=0.0, possible values are 0.0-2.0.

**You may have to run the Mas2.exe in tools first.

9. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Im sorry Matf1, im afraid i do not understand you. I have installed RF2 build 770. On top of that i have downloaded all official rF2 content from the same download location as the main installation file. I have installed all the mods by placing the *.rfcmp files into the /packages/ directory and running the ingame rF2 mod manager by selecting all "not installed" and click on install. From that on i race the sim. Have i forgot steps? I only race and use official ISI content. No third party mods.

10. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hi Bkim,

My apologies, I should have quoted what I was replying to.
    To answer your question of a RFM multiplier. The answer is 1.00 for road courses and it was found in that file.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess OP refers to B770. It would de nice to include in the title of bug reporting threads what build it refers to.

12. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Sorry, indeed B770