Fuel use Endurance Pack.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Team Dano, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Racing the Rfactor2 Lemans track with the Rfactor2 LMP2 Oreca 07, I notice it uses over 7 liters per lap. Even with a full tank I need to pit every 1/2 hour. The AI cars seem to pit after 50-60 liters are used, around 25 minutes per stint. In real Endurance racing cars stay out for longer stints. Is there anyway to set the AI cars to take a full tank at each pit stop?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The oreca has a fuel mixture option, you can tone down the fuel mixture and run the engine lean to gain fuel mileage. But this risks damage to the engine if you run with the fuel mixture leaned out for long periods of time. and a reduction in over-all power as well.
    When we did mods that raced at Le Mans, we had to build separate engines with greatly reduced fuel consumption. The way the ISI fuel use worked prior to rF2 was a calculation of engine rpm x time that would produce a variable the sims would use to calculate fuel mileage. but it was calibrated to normal tracks like Silverstone. Le Mans has sooo much more full throttle time that most normal fuel calcuations would come up short. I haven't run the Oreca enough yet to notice your findings. You can create AI setups that turn down the AI fuel mixture as well, and that might extend the over-all stint before requiring fuel.
    And, are you using the Low Drag Oreca from the Tuning page?

3. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Thanks for your response. I watched some of the 2018 24 hours of Lemans on YouTube this afternoon and the LMP2 cars were pitting around every 1/2 hour. So it seems the rate of fuel use in Rfactor 2 is about right.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think they have been reducing the tank size over the years to increase the number of trips to the pits. Gives the Hybrid LMP1 yet another advantage.