Frustrated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sittinhere, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Purple (the horizontal bar, not the thin vertical ones underneath) would preferably stay below 50% full.

Your CPU runs at 72ºC? Is that normal?

You could perhaps try disabling any CPU speed altering features (speedstep, turbo boost, etc), and hyperthreading.

2. Sittinhere

Sittinhere Registered

Sorry, it runs 69 full load and yes that is normal.

3. yonder45

yonder45 Registered

I will give this a try as it really feels like my tires are slipping as well. Something little different in real person as we replaced the stock tires with Toyo tires for better traction and cornering.

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I dunno exactly how it behaves on a controller, but with my g27 i have to press all pedals fully once, otherwise they are not calibrated and i end up with some digital braking on the first corner where first no brake is applied and then instantly 100% which locks the tires. Looks very noobish, but happens pretty often. I am not aware if this might get fixed by the studio or if its a logitech thing which we do have to accept.

Anyway, have you tried turning your controller sticks by 100% before driving a lap?

Kelju_K likes this.
  5. Sittinhere

Sittinhere Registered

Got the controls working and my g27 arrived early. Still have issues with stuttering.

6. yonder45

yonder45 Registered

Hope you got the resolved soon.

7. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Work through all your graphics and display settings, at both the GPU driver level and within the application settings for RF2. Both are relevant as Nvidia driver level settings can be used to override application level settings. In your case - to get a handle on things, I suggest you ensure all GPU driver settings are set to use application settings and confirm that you are not forcing high levels of anti-aliasing or something else unusual.

I find your experience of stuttering to be unusual, given your listed PC spec's (note the comment on page 1 of this thread from Stefan Kanitz).

As well as doing a basic review of all your graphics settings, I would also suggest you look at general system performance - particularly services and processes running in the background. Something is obviously occurring to degrade your performance.

2 tools you can use to get a quick handle on things are AutoRuns and Pslist - both are from the sysinternals toolkit: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx

AutoRuns allows you to review all services, processes and task manager entries that are setup to run automatically. You can disable entries by unticking the check-box on the left hand edge of the window.
    Pslist might be useful to dump a list of all running processes if you get stuck, as it will provide a full list of what's currently running.

If need be I can provide a full list of my system's graphics settings as a rough guide. I'm running a 6 GB GTX1060 @ 1080P, so you should be in the same rough ball park - in terms of overall performance. I run around 24+ AI cars, all visible in offline races with very good performance. I have all graphics settings set high within RF2 and Anti Aliasing is on Level 4 (off the top of my head - as I'm not home right now).

8. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

This.
    to get the same feeling of speed that you get from 100kph in real life, you have to have close to 200kph in a sim. it's very confusing at first and it takes a while to grow your "sim legs" to be able to be aware of your speed.
    usually people set their FOV very high when they are new to this wonderful hobby, to get better feeling of speed but that has a down side; the corners look narrover and steeper than they are, and hitting the apex is actually very hard with high FOV.
    i would recommend not to go over 50 FOV at any situation, preferable closer to 40. i use 33-35 FOV depending on how high i sit in the (virtual) car.

9. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

as for your performance issues, what are your in game settings? post processing is a fps hog and lowering that gives you a huge fps boost.
    here are my settings, specs and performance for reference:

Win 7 x64
    AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
    i5 3570K @ 4.2GHz water cooled
    16 Gb ram 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 latencies
    GTX 1070 MSi Gaming X

Circuit detail = Full
    Player detail = Full
    Opponent detail = Full
    Texture detail = Full
    Texture filter = 16x Anisotropic
    Shadows = Medium
    Shadow Blur = Off
    Soft particles = Low
    Rain Drops = Yes
    Road Reflection = Off
    Enviroment reflection = High

Resolution = 1920x1080
    Refresh rate = 60 Hz
    Anti Aliasing = Level 4
    Sync = Off
    FXAA = Off
    Window = Full Screen
    Post Processing = Low

This is from last night Fun2Race server#4 with Celica GTO @ Toban Full Circuit RACE

[​IMG]
    I just love my PC, best build i have ever made. it's over 5 years old, exept the GPU i replaced in february, and still runs all my games like a dream.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Me too...deleted it from steam and wait for a full functional version of "DX11" with only ISI or St397 content in workshop items and then ----
    Let's try again.
    DC

11. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

i haven't driven offline in ages, so today i tested the new McLaren with AI if i get stutters aswell.
    dang! horrible stutters! i haven't driven with ai since i opted to DX11 beta, so i dont know if it just this build but hell, i never had that kind of stutters back in DX9. So i would say it's not your system at fault, rather it's the game or at least the current build.

12. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

found fix for the stutters.
    it's writing replay that causes it. turn replays off and no stutters.
    this was in some of the early Dx11 builds and was fixed, so propably will be in the future aswell.

suryaprihadi, SPASKIS and Ari Antero like this.
  13. Sittinhere

Sittinhere Registered

I'll try that out and see if it helps any

14. suryaprihadi

suryaprihadi Registered

Wow... that is good info
    thanks

15. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

apologies guys. i was celebrating early:(
    the stutters came back after being in game for about 30 minutes today. that made me think that it was that the game restart that had the positive effect, rather than switching the replays off. not really sure...
    Today i tried switching on "agressive threading" in rF2 config menu, and the stutters seem to be absent again??
    i spent 4 hours in a server with the competition car and track, and no stutters.
    still im not convinced that they wont appear again. as the stutters were sometimes there and another time absent.
    so i dont know if the "aggressive threading" is any more cure that the replays off was, but im keeping my fingers crossed as i didn't suffer about it today.
    sorry again for early celebration and perhaps leading you to false hopes.

SPASKIS likes this.
  16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

There seems to be a connection between stuttering and the way you start rF2...

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/gtx-1080-sli-no-longer-works-why.57278/#post-908858

Kelju_K likes this.
  17. Sittinhere

Sittinhere Registered

I have aggressive threading on but haven't had a chance to turn off replays and try that. Far as starting the game I used to do it on steam then through the launcher. Also done it through razer cortex which launches steam and then the game. Not using any dashboard plugins.

18. suryaprihadi

suryaprihadi Registered

PC restart has been my best friend.... :)
    I don't understand why but the least setting or messing around or changing cars/tracks I do per start of RF2 with PC also just starting, the less bug I get. Note : I have not race online yet.

19. Sittinhere

Sittinhere Registered

Didn't do a thing for me. Funny how ams, rfactor, iracing, gtr2, assetto corsa all run superb

Dady Cairo likes this.
  20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

All BETA BETA BETA!
    Zandi BETA!
    This Sim is dead for me.
    Even people with big machines struggle with the new relases from ST397.
    DC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.