Frozen Field not working?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by KingKenny04, Jan 17, 2016.

1. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

We're having a huge issue with the stock car specific rules in our server. We just ran a 200 mile race at Apple Valley with about 15 people. For our rfmod we used the ISI Stock Car rfm with slight adjustments made to the safety car thresholds. This is the setting for the frozen field in the rfm we used for this race:

Code:

// Whether order of vehicles is frozen when the full-course yellow is first shown.  If necessary, server will
    // correct the order as people cross the start/finish line; default=0, possible values 0 or 1.
    FreezeOrder = 1

We had about 4 cautions during the race, and at no time was the field frozen. Drivers were able to race back to the line and overtake each other after the yellow was shown without penalty. Passes after the yellow was shown were not corrected after crossing the start/finish. Is there some other setting we are supposed to set? Are frozen fields simply not working? The initial release for the stock cars stated that frozen field after caution was implemented and working. Also the only other response I can find to this issue was somebody telling me in another thread to use the stock cars rfm, which we did.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you using the StockCarRules plugin, or just the built-in options as shown?

3. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

Both, I thought? I assumed the stock car rules plugin was active by default if I was using the stock car rfm? Do I need to do something additional to activate the stock car rules plugin?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You'll find this in your CustomPluginVariables.JSON:

"StockCarRules.dll":{
    " Enabled":0,
    "AdjustFrozenOrder":25,
    "Logging":0
    },

It may be possible enabling that and using that FrozenOrder setting will work better; but it also might not. I've never tried it personally, just wanted to be sure which way you were doing it to help anyone else respond... :)

(and no, I'm not sure what that setting actually means... lol)

Hopefully someone else can help out. If not you might have a little testing to do!

5. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

Thanks so much! I'll set that enabled to 1 and we'll give it a test.

Based on the fact that I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, I'm hopeful that this will fix it ;)

6. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Any luck with this Kenny?
    As our league is also having issues with this where 1 to 2 guys would spin and that person , would go back to end of field but because of frozen order that person or people would be put back to the positions where they spun and the order was frozen.... There for its I guess freezing the order to soon..... I think it should have some sort of timer on it or adjustable I guess.....

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@wrxxy...I think that problem maybe this line in PLR?

"Adjust Frozen Order":1,
    "Adjust Frozen Order#":"Moves vehicles down the frozen track order under the safety car if they are causing the yellow and being passed. 0.0=off, 0.1-0.9=apply liberally, 1.0+=apply conservatively",

8. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Was playing with that last night and no matter what we did it was the same.....Not sure what the go is???

9. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I will do some testing and pass the information on.

10. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

What does that "AdjustFrozenOrder":25, mean ? What does the 25 part mean? anyone?

11. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

12. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Anyone?

13. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

bump

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can only wait for ISI, or someone who's tested the setting. We could also speculate, but that's probably not helping :)

15. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Any luck mschreiner?

16. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

Hey sorry all I didn't realize this had replies. Setting the Stock Car Plugin to "1" made our frozen fields work just fine.

17. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Hi Kenny don't you find though when someone spins and a yellow comes out that the person that spins doesn't fall back in the field ??????? he actually sometimes stays in the same spot!!!!!

18. Brent

Brent Registered

We are having the same issue in our Stockcar league. I don't understand what the "AdjustFrozenOrder":25, value in the CustomPluginVariables.JSON file means. Our rfm is set to freeze the field when the yellow comes out and that works fine. However, those involved in the yellow are allowed to move back to the positions they were in the moment the yellow was thrown.

Do the values commented in the player.JSON here:

also apply to the CustomPluginVariables.JSON?

If so the "AdjustFrozenOrder":25 value might be extremely conservative and it needs to be changed to say 10, 5 or even 1? I will do some testing with different values and report my findings if it has any effect. I'm curious if this is the solution and what values have worked for others.

19. Carlos Carvalho

Carlos Carvalho Registered

Any news on this?

Is that "AdjustFrozenOrder":25 any different with lower values?

20. Brent

Brent Registered

I've tested lower numbers for AdjustFrozenOrder but I can't really tell if it made a difference. Some explanation of what the value means or does would really be helpful for our league.