Fresnel reflect in mat props? (Dev mode)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Doogal, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Doogal

Doogal Registered

Has this been removed or has something got messed up?, I can still get the fresnel specular settings but not reflect. Also I can only get the mat props button to show up if I click on weather gfx first..?

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I'd like to know this too...

3. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

the material configuration has completely disappeared now, and I suspect this is because they are moving to the pbr system in moddev, 1 step at a time, but as usual content creators are completely left in the dark and find out things themselves and guessing.

At the moment the ridiculous amount of reflection out of direct sunlight has returned as well since they introduced the later shaders that would enable them to sell their dlc at xmas time.

February roadmap states they are moving on to pbr for cockpit materials and yet content creators do not even have pbr support for car bodies yet.

Truly tragic behaviour.

'Still not fixed' is fast becoming the motto for rF2 now with emphasis placed in new sellable content over fixing stuff.

McFlex and DaVeX like this.
  4. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

just to update my previous comment, the material properties can still be accessed, but only the specular properties.

If you open the weather GFX menu, the material props tab comes back in the bottom left side of the screen and then can be opened, so ignore my comment about it being gone because S397 are slowly migrating to the new pbr system in moddev, it's just bugged.

5. roberteker

roberteker Registered

So it has been like this for three months? Is that normal development pace and expected behavior, or is this more serious than normal?

6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I would guess S397 are working hard at the end phase of these things. The UI and the materials for interiors. Its a guess, but i would think they are correcting/fixing shader issues they caught while doing the shader work.