Fresh Start

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MARIOSF1, Jun 30, 2016.

1. MARIOSF1

MARIOSF1 Registered

So I'm planning a fresh install of windows 10. I have rf2, I had bought it back in 2013 and have the lifetime version of it, then moved to steam. I know that my data(setups and stuff) won't be erased thanks to steamcloud but will I still 'own' the game(and the lifetime or the dlc as steam recognises it) after the fresh install, which will erase everything?

THANKS!

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Sure it will! Don´t worry!
    That´s one of the advantages of steam: your games are always "there" as long as you have your steam -account and Name and password that is connected to it.
    But one thing I´m not sure of: Steam-cloud? I even didn´t knew that this exist.
    I would recommend to save your UserData-folder on another drive and copy it back on new install.
    (and if you have some mods installed you don´t want to or cannot re-download, save the Packages folder also)

3. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Have you confirmed Steam cloud backs up setups and stuff ? Would be good to know for others I imagine. If that is the case props to ISI fit making good use of the Stream Cloud.

Sent from my Nexus 7

4. MARIOSF1

MARIOSF1 Registered

Thank you all for your answers!
    I'm glad that I will have the game, steam-cloud does exist "Steam cloud is a feature of steam client that allows game data to be synced to the cloud. Here you will be able to continue a game on another PC such as laptop seamlessly. Not all games on steam are cloud. You can search for a list of steam cloud games on steam." that's the first result if you google it :p. I'm not sure if it works with rf2 because I don't have access on my main PC right now but whenever I exit rf2 and go directly to steam, in the left column that the games are located, in rf2 it says "synchronize" so I guess that this might be steam-cloud. When I have access though I'll give you a more specific answer.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I don't think it does back it all up.

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

As far as I know, only a few games use this stuff (now I know what you mean I think) and most of them are valve games such as HL2.

I strongly recommend to backup manually.