Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by SPASKIS, Jan 7, 2018.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Considering that rF2 generates several repetitive problems among mainly but not only new users I would suggest creating an official thread where most common issues could be hinted for a solution.

In order to be more practical I would divide it into different categories. Each question would link to a specific thread where all the info would be included in the thread first post. The rest of the thread should be reserved for providing useful information to improve the first post. These can include new info or questions regarding explained topics.

Examples.

1. Game configuration
    Selecting a build (betas)
    Video Configuration
    Wheel configuration
    Graphics configuration

2. Workshop and content.
    How to use workshop.
    How to install external content (mod manager)
    Most common problems when updating content.
    How to create a race event.
    How to setup a server.

3. Troubleshooting
    Game does not start
    Graphical issues.
    FPS issues.
    Stuttering issues.
    Freezes.
    Game crashes.

bwana and ceecee like this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If I can play devil's advocate... recently someone who'd been here 18 months started a thread on how to easily clear cbash and shader files. Which then appeared approx. 4 threads down from the sticky thread explaining exactly how to do the same.

I think a site (wiki or otherwise) works better for this sort of stuff. Forums can shove it right in your face and it still gets missed.

But, something needs to be clearer. Probably ultimately a mix of forum, site, better messages from the game, and clearer UI, at least.

McFlex likes this.
  3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If you make the thread sticky and accesible from the launcher there should not be much problem.

For sure if you dont try doing something you will maintain actual mess.

bwana likes this.
  4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Im already blue in the face from holding my breathe waiting for info on new shaders.:eek:
    With the wiki now gone we have been told early this year we would have a new one. Hopefully with all the new updated shaders.
    Fingers crossed we get it before the end of Jan.
    I think the wiki would be easier to control than have someone having to link all posts.
    I think it's a shame that alot of info gets discussed on discord and not added to the forum or wiki.
    I know joomla has plugins that can display and let people join discord for the website. Surely thesoftware running this site can do the same.

Emery and McFlex like this.
  5. Emery

Emery Registered

6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Shaders!! That's funny! That is exactly what I was looking for info on. I read somewhere when at work someone saying we need to delete a shader file for the new rain update (but now I can't find that thread again). Is that true? And.... where is it again? Or is this the right place to ask?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered