Freezing when changing session from Warmup to race(competition system)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christian Pallesen, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Christian Pallesen

Christian Pallesen Registered

Hi S397 and community

I have since the release of the Class 1 BMW and the coherent competiton system with this car been trying to take part in some of the races. But when the session changes from warmup to the start of the race with the 35 seconds countdown my game starts a big freeze where everything visual is locked. I can hear the engine but it is also frozen in time (so just a lot of noise). I scanned through the forum and read that the replays might slow down the loading time when the warmup session ends. So I tried turning replays off and deleting all the replays I had in my folder, luckily this helped! But only for 2 races.. I managed to drive 2 races in a row and thought I had fixed my issues. Sadly I then again had the same issue where I didn't load in time for the race start. Then I figured I might aswell try and fully reinstall, and I only downloaded the needed content for the competition system sign up, as this sometimes fixes some issues and again I managed to join my first race and again thought I had fixed the issue. But.. then in my 2nd race I had a freeze and didn't manage to load in time. I have 2000 hours in this sim and I have throughout that timespan learned about all the different tweaks but I can't seem to find this same issue anywhere else..
    Is there anyone out there which either have an idea for me to test, or have experienced the same issue?
    Intel i5-8600k 5.0ghz clock
    rfactor 2 installed on HDD
    Problems occur even with 4 other drivers in the race.

I know it is far from optimal but I have a really hard time believing it is a hardware problem. I have been racing in a lot of leagues where I luckily never experinced this issue when it switches from warmup to race start.
    When I after 1-2 minutes finally load the race and I click race I start on the grid with Synchronization in my chat. After a couple of seconds i'm actually allowed to drive around, but I don't get anything on my lap counter, I don't have a lap time, and I don't get DRS if im close to someone (so i'm not actually in the race). Maybe this is a bug, as I shouldn't be allowed to start on the grid if the race countdown has reached 0 and all the other cars have been given the green flag?

Thank you in advance,
    Christian Pallesen
    GOTeam Racing