Framerate BUG

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Kevin18, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Kevin18

Kevin18 Registered

Hi, I just signed up to this forum to report a bug.

I was benchmarking my gtx 1080 vs my new gtx 1080 Ti and noticed an issue.

My framerate hovers around 150 fps after the start of the first race but all my races after that hover around 115 fps. If I restart the game then I'll be back at 150 fps for the first race but after that I'll be back at 115 again. It doesn't matter if I choose restart race or restart weekend, the only way to fix the issue is with closing and relaunching the game. I don't think this was happening before the new update but not sure.

1080 Ti stock
    8700K stock
    1440p
    Nvidia DSR 3x
    max pre-rendered frames 1
    gpu max performance
    AA and AF from nv control panel, AA 2x, AA transparency 2x supersample, AF 8X
    Most in-game settings maxed
    post-processing off

benchmark was with corvette at silverstone, 23 ai, daytime, dry weather, starting around 18th and not moving at the start and letting all the cars go.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't know if this will help, but set as many options as possible to ....not sure how it's listed.... let the game control the AA & supersampling, not the Nvidia control panel itself.

3. Kevin18

Kevin18 Registered

I wouldn't mind doing so but there's no clear explanation of AA settings in this game. It just says level 1, 2, etc.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Level 4 & 5 are only ones that will look good. _I_ can't tell the difference between them, particularly while racing, but presumably Level 5 does something extra because it costs a few fps.

5. Kevin18

Kevin18 Registered

Yes but I use 3 1440p monitors so it's not easy to use high levels of AA and keep 120 fps :)

I will test this bug with using in game AA soon.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

You might try trading off DSR for AA level and see what the result is.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Another thought is your video card might be throttling due to heat built up in the first session.

Flaux likes this.
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I also have an issue with GPU usage hovering around 50 to 60% even when the frame rate limit is off. I would have thought it would be much higher and in the process push out more fps.

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

That would be my guess, too. Check your GPU('s) temps and if it maybe gets throttled to keep cool. GPU-Z or any aftermarket GPU-Tool like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision xoc will help to monitor.

I had to change my fan settings on the weekend as it got quite hot here.