NEED INFO Framerate after pits

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by The_Bad_Fasterd, Dec 18, 2022.

1. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

Every now and then my framerate gets really bad after I return to pitbox and exit.

Im usually getting 144fps on track with traffic and then fps will just drop to around 20 or 30fps after I exit the pit menu.
    Skipping session etc doesnt work and I need to reboot the game to get normal performance back.

Anything I might be doing wrong?

2. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

Hi,
    I noticed same problem recently under specific condition, mostly, when I set up a session with a big number of cars (more than 40 in Monza for instance)
    Usually, I enter the track, suffer for one lap with less than 30fps and gradually it's back to standard fps.
    But it's very strange, It never occured in the past.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Does it happen when a specific car is present? I've noticed the issue as well, I don't know what causes it, but I was thinking it was due to one car causing issues in a multi-car field.

4. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

I also thought about it but it's strange, I only use S397 cars. Recently I happened while I was wiht a field or ELMS and IMSA . Only Oreca and LMP3 are common to both.
    However I wonder if I experienced it when I was driving another car than Ligier JSP320
    I shall do a try in same condiiton but with another car.
    Anyway, with 40-50 IA I probably push my PC to its max :D
    (even if I have a quite decent config with a 3070)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  5. The_Bad_Fasterd

I think mine was also most common with bigger/mixed grids and Ive mostly been driving S397 content WEC type races. Tracks that stand out from memory are Nurburgring 24h combined and Spa Endurance but will do further testing tm and report back.

6. The_Bad_Fasterd

Ive been testing a bit and found the bug happened with larger multiclass grids, it didnt really matter what cars I used but I was running between 32 and 40 cars. GT3/GTE/LMH/Vanwall combos.

Tried the 992 and added the Vanwall, still problems.

Replaced the Vanwall for the Flat6 Porsche cup mod and my problems were gone.
    Went back out on track with other combos and the problems were back.

Decided to lower some graphical settings. Im on a 3080 with a 5800x3d and was running everything ultra. Set Reflections, Shadows, Textures to high and the framerate issues were gone even with the 34 car grid/triple class races.

To see if this was indeed the culprit I set everything back to ultra again and to my surprise no issues whatsoever...
    So I actually have no id what was causing it but it seems to be gone for now.

7. Coutie

For me, it can randomly happen on a server alone. We're thinking something in the UI is getting stuck somehow.

8. The_Bad_Fasterd

Hope you guys can tackle it, ill report back if it happens again if that helps…

9. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

Yesterday I checked the integrity of my files in Steam and some Gb of content have been downloaded including 2 new versions of the Oreca (3.02 and 3.03) and all GTE. I thought such update was automatic...

Anyway, I don't know whether it's related of not but for sure ,I didn't experienced this issue of framerate drop after pits yesterday, even if I used same combo as before :DPi, LMP2, LMP3 and GT3

10. Coutie

If it comes back, can you try not using driver labels? It may not work until you restart the game after you disable them. This is just a theory we have.

11. The_Bad_Fasterd

OP Here, I never drive with driver labels fwiw…

That said I have not had the issue since my previous post when I turned down my graphical settings and then turned them back up again.
    Havent changed anything else since.

12. Coutie

I also tried adjusting the settings, and it sort of disappeared, I saw it dropping for 30 seconds or so, but then the frame rate came back. It's a very strange bug.

13. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

I never use drivers labels
    By the way, in Daytona, I have the issue during one lap and mainly after the 1st "pitstop"
    I recently added 16Gb of Ram (now 32Gb) and secretly wished it would be the magic trick... but unfortunately not.

Anyway, most of the time, I succeed to keep >100fps in Daytona with 49 multiclass AI and high video settings (shadow and player detail are even at max). Reasonably, I can't complain ;)