Frame rate

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by green serpent, Sep 2, 2018.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I honestly can't remember if I mentioned this previously so apologies if I have. About 50% of the time when I boot up a session I'm getting very low frames per second (approx 20-30). I have to exit the session and go back into it a number of times before the frames go back to the usual 80-100 per second. It's beginning to get frustrating. I usually start off with no A.I, graphics are set moderately and post effects set to low... it's not like my system can't handle it... when it works it's buttery smooth. Any ideas what this could be?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

When last installed new?
    How old is windows system (and drivers for that matter)?

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Have you tried, instead of exiting the entire sim, using the alt-tab method to get back to windows? It helps if you load some program PRIOR to loading rF2. I just open a browser and navigate to a page that is mostly static. So AFTER getting some program working in windows, load rF2. If you experience the slowdown, alt-tab out to windows and then alt-tab back to rF2.
    I don't know if this will help, but might shorten the time needed to get your sim up to speed.

4. Atsuki

Atsuki Registered

I dont remember the exactly name, but there is an option where you config the time of the session. If you let this config in random time of the day you will experience different FPS's due to the different position of the sun, shadows, clouds etc.

DrivingFast and Louis like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@green serpent When the game isn't in focus properly you'll get 30fps. It seems a fairly common problem to have focus issues at the moment, just the other day I had that thing where you're pressing keys with the game active but windows is playing its sound to indicate where you're typing can't accept keypresses - which it shouldn't do if the game is properly focused.

Emery likes this.