FR3.5 rear wing model switches between LOD stages

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ethone, Jun 29, 2012.

1. ethone

ethone Registered

The rear wing of the AI cars of the FR3.5 variety seems to switch between low/medium downforce and high downforce between the A and B LOD stages. The switch is most easily seen in the game but I attached a screenshot where you can see the white car with the A LOD and the lower downforce version of the wing. Just in front of it is the green car with the higher downforce wing.

In the car selection upgrade screen I chose the High Downforce package for my car - perhaps that carried over to the LOD B but not the LOD A?

View attachment 3010

2. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

I have never see this. Is this a new feature and related to DRS ?

3. TJones

TJones Registered

Andreas you mistake FR3.5 with FormulaISI, Formula Renault3.5 cars are usualy not equiped with a DRS system. :)

4. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes I see the same thing, it seems to be independent of the downforce package you choose for your car.

There are 3 difference downforce packages and each have 3 LODs, looks like some may have been mixed up or wrongly named. The 'B' LOD definitely looks like a higher downforce model compared to the 'A' LOD. Easy enough to put it in devmode to test albeit tedious.