Fr3.5 drs ?

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by mart280, Aug 3, 2014.

1. mart280

mart280 Registered

Is it just me or is the animation of the DRS flap the wrong way round ? when I watch a replay of my rear wing I can see a gap all of the time, when I activate DRS the gap closes, surely this should be the other way round ? the DRS works how it should it, just seems a visual anomaly.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i dont think so, actually. i recall empty box mentioning something about the drs in his video review of the car that made no goddamn sense to me. whatever it was, it makes less now...but i bet google has an explanation

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

If you click the profile of the car in d/l section
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/formula-renault-3-5-world-series-car/

It reads:
    "Drag Reduction System
    The car features a drag reduction system (DRS) system, which in contrast to F1, closes the slot gap to stall the wing. The system is only really effective on the HDF (High DownForce) package. On the MDF, there is minimal effect and on LDF, DRS produces no effect. Be aware that it significantly shifts the downforce balance forward, so you must choose wisely when to operate the system, only after your tires have plenty of grip and the car is mostly in a straight line. It takes a few tenths for the flow to fully reattach to the rear wing, meaning that downforce comes back progressively. Utilizing DRS is essential as the top speed gains can be quite substantial."

4. mart280

mart280 Registered

Thanks Steve that explains it