FPS

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by gor, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Sorry Gor, with your focus on even-lower-track-detail I thought you where being a bit stubborn hehe.
    Going from 200 to 60 is way too much with your system, should not be that bad even though this track can have issues.
    i'll restrain from further advise, hope it gets fixed :)

2. gor

gor Registered

I will post video with graphics bar and maybe some various settings as soon as i can. And if i will not be lazy, haha.

3. gor

gor Registered

HDR and AA on, anyway it takes only 10-15 fps from 160-170 maximum and options just must be, without HDR there are terrible white texture behind cars instead of smoke and without AA its so ugly...
    View attachment 16319
    View attachment 16320
    View attachment 16321
    Circut detail is useless i did not even manage what changed until do this screenshots :D. Ppl and fence removed with low. But fence removed only at right side. Devs need to remove it on all track for low setting and maybe a lot of other things too. Keep it in mind for other tracks too!

Here is something i found just now - there are freezing right before turn.
    https://youtu.be/XK9S4fhIcAQ

Random driving 1 screenshot per 2 seconds. Recording video takes some 30-60 fps so only screenshots are acceptable but its ok for fps observation. (0.55 - 1.00 drop to 42 fps, with 120 max on circut, its not okay i think)
    https://youtu.be/l1-OxWB1wBE

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Just curious, what do you have this set to in the player.json file:
    "Sim Processor Thresh"

You should have no problem running rF2 near full settings with your specs. The experience you are having is a little odd.

5. gor

gor Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  6. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

I get the same pause at the same corner of Silverstone.

I've just come to accept that ISI have pushed the boundaries of DX9 to it's maximum and either need to port to DX11 or optimise what they already have prior to releasing more content.

You only have to look at other sims utilising DX11 to see where I'm coming from.

7. Panigale

Panigale Banned

My free two cents, you want a consistent FPS. Otherwise it will jump everywhere. This is how I do it:

Don't use vsync because it introduces lag but in the player.json set max framerate to X. Now to figure out what X can be you need to test (with ctrl-F showing FPS) at the starting grid with however many AI (including visible AI) and graphic settings you want. Then again after the first lap going down pit straight. Test each track like this until you have a rough avg of frame rate at those points and use that as your max. Using multiples of six. i.e. 60/66/72/78 etc.

I have things set maxed. Not somewhat maxed, or kinda save for...everything is as high as it will go. rF2 looks amazing but I struggle to get a consistent 96 FPS on a 970 OC playing at 1080p so you really need a 290x if you want this game to look and run like it should. AMD cards have or at least had more issues with rF2 than Nvidia. Make sure you are on the latest driver from AMD for your card.

So, use max framerate, set to something your card can handle by testing as I mention above. With a 270 you'll have to compromise between FPS and graphics. The higher the FPS the better the feel of the sim is. Hope that helps.

8. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

In the Wing/Pitlane area, just after last corner, the difference between the first 3 level of circuit details is that one (FOV dependent);

High is rendering 450K tris, with a total 619 Objects - I get 140 FPS there running 1080 on a single monitor (no cars)
    Med is rendering 300K tris, with a total 420 Objects - I get 170 FPS there running 1080 on a single monitor (no cars)
    Low is rendering 240K tris, with a total 350 Objects - I get 200 FPS there running 1080 on a single monitor (no cars)

As for fences...we CAN'T remove fences (low poly and useless to be removed) as they are part of the safety and collision feature (and they are preventing offroad driving and falling through non-HAT/Collidable areas), the fact you see just right fences removed is because there is a concrete wall in there so the road is still limited by that one.

As you see this is FAR to be useless and the fact you don't see the difference just means the optimization is even more good as you get a HUGE improvement on drawcalls, tricount, strips and managed objects with the less impact on visual.

9. gor

gor Registered

Thank you for numbers its interesting info and thank you all who reply here.
    Just downloaded new 15.4 beta drivers and game runs now as i expect it should be run before, so thank you GTA V for new drivers =)

9 AI on track
    HDR
    AA level 8
    track detail low-mid
    my car full
    opponent car high
    mid shadows with low blur
    low particles

120-160 fps
    with MSI Afterburner videorecording its 80+ fps

And i can set up even more quality but even now it looks good for me - nice reflection, nice lighting, nice shadow.