FPS halved when I go to desktop

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by F2kSel, Mar 7, 2012.

1. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

In the previous version of rF2 when I dropped to desktop from the game upon re-entering the FPS would double but with unplayable amounts of stutter.

In 1.60 version the opposite now happens and the fps are cut by half, there is now no stutter other than than that caused by the low FPS.

I do have the latest drivers but sometimes the game just drops to desktop for no reason and then because of the low fps I have no choice but to restart the game.

2. Quo-Fan

Quo-Fan Registered

Have a similar issue: just installed the latest ATI 12.2 drivers, started rf2 and my frames went from around 50 fps to nearly 130 fps.
    Then i started driving and at this moment the game minimized to the taskbar. I opened the game again, leave the pit /still around 130 fps and very smooth) and the game minimized again after a few seconds. After this i closed the game, started rf2 again and my frames went back to the well know 50 fps. For a moment i thought that the new Ati drivers made it, donĀ“t know, what temporary switches my frames high. Many restarts of the game only gave 50 fps, what made the 130 fps exeption and how can i get this back?