FPS Differenze between Off and Online Race !!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Didi, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Didi

Didi Registered

Hi Folks!

Yesterday i played Marrussia Mod at Malaysia!
    Same Graphic settings Online and Offline!
    Offline 39-65fps
    Online 98-160fps
    Online 20cars, offline 23!!

My System
    VTX3D 7950(3GB)Overclocked Edition (CCC 13.2Beta7)
    AMD Phenom II X6 T1100
    16Gb ram
    1920x1080 32bit/Trilinear
    Settings almost all at high
    Only some shadows to middle
    glanze effects off
    I think my system is good enough for FPS near 70 every time!!

Then i changed to another Mod in Offline and suddenly 29fps at start
    highering up to 45/60, but never near 100fps

Are there some unknown setting which as to be looked at.
    Didi

2. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Offline with AI the CPU will also need to calculate AI physics and such so would take more load onto the CPU then online where it just renders cars but doesnt need to calculate AI physics. I haven't noticed this though so cant say if its normal or not and I dont know much about AMD setups as I have generally always had Intel/Nvidia setups.

Mine with an i7 2700k @5GHZ with 32GB Ram and GTX480 SLI also overclocked all liquid cooled using 2560x1440 most mods and track I can run maxed out with 29AI and stay at 60p v-sync, online pretty much the same results. Some of the slightly dodgier track conversions have issues with mirrors using these setting so I either have to turn off the mirrors or tone down some settings. Same with monaco and portugal ISI track but most others are all good. I adjust some settings depending on the mod and track used as I always try and ensure back of full grid can stay at 60p min.

I see little point in frame rates above v-sync as these just cause screen tearing and its the min I worry about more then max.

3. Carbonkid

Carbonkid Registered

Don't know if this is related, but when i play online, the textures of cockpit are way worse than playing offline, even tough i use max quality in the textures.