FOV Issues (Horizon too high) and Unadjustable after restart/crash

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by lopsided, Jun 29, 2012.

1. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Couldn't find a reference to this so thought I'd post.
    On occasion when I restart a race or have a bad accident where the car hits something and spins the FOV will change radically and it is not possible to readjust it to get your point of view back.

For instance, I restart a race and I'm seeing a viewpoint that places the rear view mirror out of sight (too high) and it's shifted where I see far too much under the dash. When I attempt to readjust, no dice. Can't move down far enough to get my rear view mirror back. If I pull back to get my rear view mirror, I see the gas pedal. Again, this happens mostly after a crash or race restart.

Sometimes I have to leave the track, others I have to completely leave the game and then come back.

I have the real head motion plug in installed and didn't know if it could be a contributing factor or not.

I've also had the issue where if the car lands on it's roof and I restart, the car starts the race upside down ...I believe I've read about that before somewhere.

Build 90
    ATI 6950
    Triple Monitors

2. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Yea.. the real head motion plug-in makes the camera's behave odd in some cases.. That's your problem right there..

Not saying the real head motion plugin is bad, it isn't, it's amazing... But I don't like the problems I had with it and I hope it'll get fixed. In the meantime I've disabled the vibration multiplier and increased head motion ingame.. Which gives me more then enough the sense of immersion :)

3. lopsided

lopsided Registered

10-4.
    I believe it was the guy who made the RHM mod that helped me with it's settings. For some reason rf2's motion was making me terribly dizzy. Even after adjusting thru game menu. It helped make it playable for me so that's why I left it in place. Not sure why the motion was getting to me, no other games ever have and we're going back quite a ways. :)

4. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

Not sure if this is what you are experiencing, but rF2 need a few seconds to reload any plugins.
    I have that exact same behavior when I reset my car (and i'm also using RHM and love it) but if you wait a few seconds and let plugins reload (the top left plugin icon disappear) you should get your original view back. Its not a problem with the Real Head Motion, its the way rF2 load all plugins.

5. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

That's also true indeed.. Forgot to mention that.

6. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Thanks Redpxl, I'm aware of that. Maybe I'm hitting my buttons before it reloads. I'll have to pay more attention. You know that's kind hard after taking big hits. lol