Forza Motorsport 5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John.Persson, Jun 9, 2014.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Sorry your felt that way about me asking a question but that's no excuse. If you don't want to say anything/answer, that's fine then don't respond back or say that you don't want to talk about it....either of those are infinitely better. :)

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thought about just talking, but an argument seems near. So maybe better to drop it?
    My opinion, your opinion; we are not going to agree.
    Don't understand the last kick in the nuts though, but you get that one for free.

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

lol, how do you know that were not going to end up agreeing? I never got to hear your reasons that may have swayed me over but sure, i'll drop it.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

If you think that it's just fine when ISI -let's say- extracts the sounds from Fora and uses that in rF2......and everyone is happy.......or you wonder who might be having problems with it (your exact words) than we are:
    A) not going to agree
    B) in for an argument

So.....that's why I thought it was for the best.

BTW; wasn't it AlbeRt Einstein?

5. freew67

freew67 Registered

I see it as,

1) just drop it and keep the discussion alive
    2) keep it up and the post will just get locked

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

firstly, thanks for spotting my mistake! :D

That example is not adopting a feature but actually classed as stealing/theft (unless rights awarded or permission given). You can sample but not take the entire audio and use it in your product that you then sell. But legal and technical issues aside, if it were permitted and the audio were from forza truly the best possible then whilst copying it is good for us (better sounds is surely a plus to anyone) it could be viewed as laziness on ISI's part. But generally speaking, I think there is always something that can be improved so whilst I wouldn't mind something being adopted it would be preferred if it were also improved (which then turns it into an adaptation). If it were just copied without improvement where it is forseeably improvable then yes I would agree with you.

That would be option C, depending on the scenario but you did originally say if rf2 adopted/stole "cutting edge features". If it weren't cutting edge then ofc it's not nessesarily good or could be bad (think old tyre and physics model techniques employed by other sims compared to rf2's). In such an example I would have agreed with you (option C).

It doesn't have to be an argument either but a discussion, that could lead to fruitful exchanges of ideas. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

How do you get that idea????? I think everyone else (At least I know I did) was thinking in features..... Like if another game would get Realroad because it as a great feature in this game. Or rF2 getting championship mode. Or something along those lines. It isn't about copying models or sound or wathever and put it from one game into another. Just getting ideas (about cool features) and add an own interpretation of it in the other game.....

EDIT :: Beaten by DrR1pper..... damn, do I hate losing :p

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sorry butHow come fms5 is more complete than GT?!
    GT has a lot more features, day\night, changeable weather and a better carrier!FMS doesn't have even a pit stop. Even FM's fans say that FM's series has the most annoying carrier mod!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
  9. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

HUH? Maybe I got the uber-edition of FM5 but the one I have has pit stops.
    I don't know what this "carrier" is so I can't comment on that.
    As far as the other features yep it's missing weather and night progression. And those should be there. However I have to caveat that by saying I've been in a host of sim leagues with rF1 and rF2 and not one has utilized any of those features. Maybe on a rare occasion one series I was in used rain maybe twice but it really seems those features don't get the play that even I wish they would. Those are great first week features but it seems after that the vast majority never use them afterwards.

As far as GT6 I never played it. Playing GT5 and Prologue really didn't impress me physics-wise. In all honesty when I went to the PC sim side Forza felt closer to the PC than GT5 and Prologue did. GT5 felt like and on/off switch to me. If you do maneuver X correctly you get a gold coin, if not you get ridiculously punished and lose a man/life. Seemed like there was no middle ground. Don't know how best to explain it. Where as with rF2 and Forza if you didn't do maneuver X correctly you just weren't going to be as fast or as efficient as someone who did but it didn't mean your car lost all sensibility in the world unless you really did maneuver X badly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014