Forza Motorsport 5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John.Persson, Jun 9, 2014.

1. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

So have anyone tried it yet?

Let us discuss this console title and how good or bad it is, and what we can adopt from it if any.

Here in sweden xbox one is not yet released. I've enjoyed the old titles on my xbox and friends 360. But that was long time ago. Would still enjoy sitting in my couch and just handle that joypad. But how far have they come regarding physics, tires, dynamic stuff?

I've tried searching on google, but just see fanboys and console user praising it.

So what about the real hardcore simmers like us over here with rf2. Anyone messed with it and want to share the thoughts?

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So.......you want to discuss a game on another games forum? And discuss what the manufacturer of the forums game may "steel" from that other game?

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I haven't tried 5 but I played 4 with a controller and really liked it.

I liked it for different reasons though. It had some cool cars, I liked the sounds and console is truly plug and play.

Edit: Their version of Long Beach is pretty wicked. Laser scanned that was free DLC. Ah the advantage of having a million+ customers.

Cool vid with worse driving than mine. hehe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  4. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Yeah, it's not meant to be a bashing thread.

If the product is good and people love it, why not talk about it. They are not even on the same field. FMS is console, RF2 is not. So I really don't see the problem.

If they do something good that ISI in the past up till now have missed (really? what could that be...) why not talk about it and learn from it. Allthough, I don't think this will come up.

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay. Though it strikes me as rather strange; I like to talk about a game on the site from the game itself or some general gaming forum, but okay.
    Might just be me ;)

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

"steel" he?
    LOL

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

Same as the peeps post threads comparing 2 sims.

Always if they are fanboys they start a compare thread on the opposite site and dis' the other sim ............. or vice a versa. lopl

Thank heavens you will never find AC or pCARS threads by me ......... or any other sim I do not think is best.

Otherwise ? what a waste of space and time ? ...........
    lopl

I understand both Rugby League and Rugby Union have dropkicks

lopl

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I do like the sounds! More "violent" and with the "vibrating" and all, not so clinically.

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well he does say: "what we can adopt from it". So if ISI thinks: "that's a good idea, lets do that too!"......how you gonna call it? ;)

10. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Borrow ;)

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sounds are good, nice replays and graphics and all the typical things that all console/big budget games do nowadays.

In terms of physics? It's just another car game but with more realistic physics than the average. Still very video game-ish physics overall though.

12. rhamm

rhamm Registered

The only thing to steel would be the car and track licenses.

13. yusupov

yusupov Registered

honestly, not much. real controller support if rf2 integrates with steam. laser scanning.

otherwise its apples & oranges. its too late for cutting rf2 to go with 'cutting edge graphics'.

a microsoft-backed showpiece console game and an niche indie simulator are tough to compare. and if youre going to take those elements of forza & integrate them, theres already a sim on pc thats done that. rf2 is finding its own place i think & it should just continue to go forward with confidence doing so.

edit -- guess that should be 2 sims, with pCARS coming.

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Indeed, I hope that's what the OP wasn't trying to do. :p

Yeah it doesn't take a genius to figure out that a PC version of Forza is going to outsell rF2. Like you say, apples and oranges.

15. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Steal maybe...

16. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Was gob smacked by their new lazer scanned Nords track.

:eek:

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

So everyone is stealing from the first sim ever build for Computer?
    Why would you even think about reinventing the wheel, its already been made, its round, its perfect, just use it as it is.

@DurgeDriven, I dont think I'm alone by saying that, half the things you say makes no sense at all, and the rest its just really hard to figure out are you being sarcastic or serious!? :confused:
    Would that be bad for the rest of us, or for you if you would make threads about AC or pCARS?
    Clearly your time was not wasted if you found it to be important enough to express your "opinion" about this so meaningless matter.
    Next time, try to find a buddy for your braincell and squeeze, good things will come.

To the Topic:

Forza series does have some goodies that would be nice if they would find their way in to more sims as well. Then again what they might have done better, someone usually has topped them as well in the same area so...

Graphics are pretty, some places the lighting does make the shadows look like its always sunset, but overall quite realistic looking.
    Dont really care for the physics, but like mentioned above, its in a different league, and for having fun with a controller, more than enough.
    Always been a fan of their career mode and AI has been giving some cool racing from time to time.
    Related to that, tuning the cars so that you can take same car through different series is quite fun. Gives a little more personal feeling to the car you are working on and racing with. Turismo never did give me this feeling of "my racing machine".
    Latest "cool thing" is their Nordschleife which is really accurate and I saw someone mentioning that its from laser scanned data, so theres something to "borrow"! :p

18. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Theres only one thing they need to " borrow " the Audi 90 IMSA GTO that was released with the DLC...:mad:

19. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I wouldn't call it "stealing" (which infers a negative connotation as it's usually reserved for morally and/or socially wrong actions) but you can draw inspiration and adapt/adopt good concepts/ideas from other sources and incorporate it into your own product/vision (as it only represents a small peice of the puzzle), but otherwise yes. Just look at the music industry with sampling.

Did the second ever 3d game "steel" from the company that made the very first 3d game? Stealing is more applicable when something is taken without the (legal) right or permission.

Whether one considers/deens it "stealing" or not is open to a degree of interpretation ultimately.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered