Formula SimRacing 2016 Season

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by David O'Reilly, Dec 4, 2016.

1. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

The season has been run and won with Jeroen Kweekel taking the WDC in World Championship.
    Michi Hoyer took the ACE title and David Cook took the Pro Title.

It was a 16 race season that stretched from March to November.

Over the winter FSR will run a winter series so if you want to have a go please feel welcome to sign up. There is no charge.
    A decent performance in the winter can open the doors to a team and the help and support that entails.

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Sometimes I think it is good to mention some results that remind us all how high the level is in Formula SimRacing.
    From time to time viewers who have watched FSR look back with misty eyes to "The Good Old Days" and might wonder if this era post Bono Huis, Post Morgan Morand is still the pinnacle of open wheeler sim racing.

So I will mention that Stoffel van Dorne the current Mclaren F1 driver managed a best of P3 (3 times) in 2012. Yes I know thats's back in the good old days but i will move forwards.

In 2014 Bono Huis was pushed hard by Morgan Morand who won 5 races to Bono's 3. It was only a double tap on the pit limiter in the final round that gave Huis the title. Martin Gosbee was Double race winner that same year.

Forwards to 2015 Morgan Morand the driver who won more than Huis in 2014 came back and was 5th at Sepang and 8th at Marina Bay. Beaten by the new breed of Aliens including Parisis, Patel, Brzezinski.

Then to 2016 Kweekel, Simoncic, Kiss, Patel
    took the top 4 honours in the drivers title chase.

The 2017 season has just finished.
    Mohammed Patel
    won a fantastic WDC season. There were five race winners including Patel, Simoncic, Gosbee, Kiss and Stefanko.
    What else happened?
    5 FSR drivers made the grid for the final race of the RF2 Worlds Fastest Gamer by McLaren.
    One part time FSR competitor won it.
    During the FSR season he had managed a 5th place in World Championship level and a win in the Ace division in FSR.
    His name? Rudy van Buren. Certified super Alien.

So I just wanted to put peoples minds at rest in case they wondered if the fastest in the world still race in FSR.
    It seems they do.
    Come and compete against the best.

osiris32 likes this.