Formula Renault 3.5 Sounds arent THAT bad...

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Spinelli, May 1, 2012.

1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Now that's more like it! The exterior sounds are sick! When do you plan to release them? Off throttle and downshifting sounds amazing. Things like this is why i have faith in rF2, because of the possibility of modding can bring.

Reminds me of the sound mod that was released for NKP's KS2

2. Iketani

Iketani Registered

What KS2's sounds do you mean, please? :p

I want to release the FR 3.5 sounds but I don't know how to package the mod or the update xDD

3. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Fonismo refers to these sounds

4. Iketani

Iketani Registered

I'm not sure... these are the original ones...

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Ah sorry mate i didn't mean to say you had pinched the sounds. I meant it in a good way in that it seems you have improved the default sounds an awful lot. That video Cangrejo posted is the KS2 but that's the default KS2 engine. There was a mod released for that car in NKP that sounded monstrous and improved the game sound so much like your one for the F3.5 seems to have done for rF2.

Fingers crossed somebody will read your post and help you out with packaging the mod as i can't wait to try that.

6. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Yeah, yeah... I mean that I want the KS2 sounds that you meant. Where can I download? :p I've understood fine your sentence.

There are people helping me... I hope I will can make the mod :/

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Your sounds are better mate than the KS2 mod

Edit: This is the modded KS2 and what it sounded it like. I prefer your off throttle and downshifting by far with your mod. Plus the KS2 is really a GP2 car and so i would presume would sound different to a F3.5

Love that off throttle gurgle of both yours and the KS2's

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  8. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Iketani, excellent work with your sounds for the R3.5, much closer to reality! It would actually make me want to drive them again.

9. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Thx. The sound are from F1SR modding group with permissions, and I have converted to rF2.

The sounds of KS2 are better than original ones, but I have these ones (not finished at all):

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm curious what do you mean using 'harcode' word and why you do that for describing a person who doesn't care about significant part of simulation.

11. 10speed

10speed Registered

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The whole concept of rFactor is it being modder friendly. If you don't like the sounds do a sound mod. The potential is there. ;)

To me the sounds are good enough. Like I said call me a fanboy, I don't care. I'm here for the physics and almost limitless possibilities of rFactor. :D

P.S You'd be surprised what a good sound card and speakers/headphones will do for the sound here. ;)

13. 10speed

10speed Registered

Sennheiser HD600 headphones here, still with onboard sound but that won't make a difference. A good soundcard (no creative-xfi-crap) bundled with a headphone amp will have a better s/n ratio, frequency response and dynamic range. But the average user doesn't have such a setup, and you don't need it to notice that the FR 3.5 sounds are messed up. Watch the video I posted and listen.

14. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Good hi-fi setup won't make bad samples sound better... they will actually sound relatively worse compared to good samples, than it was on low-end sound setup.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Sennheiser here too, what is a headphone amp?

16. 10speed

10speed Registered

Hifi-Headphones have a higher impedance than in-ear headphones or typical gaming headsets. So you need more input power for higher volumes, in this case a headphone amp can help.

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

volume is quite high, wouldnt want more, i suppose ur talking about quality?
    Where u connect this amp?

18. 10speed

10speed Registered

I was talking about sound volume. Plug in into the 3,5 mm out of the soundcard and then the headphones get the signal from the amp. The impedance of a headphone can be quite different depending on the model. Had a Sennheiser 555 before which was significantly louder. Little off-topic, sorry ...

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

ok gotit thnx,sorry too...

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yes your right, but 1, the video i posted was almost entirely extrnal sounds, so im clearly talking about external sounds, and 2, i wasnt talking about quality in terms of how compressed/uncompressed the sounds are, bitrate, clipping, distortion, etc etc, I was just talking about the general sound of the car and how it compares to the sounds in that video.

Yes you got a great point, i doubt the 3.5s have such a smooth soft almost lazy sound in real life as they seem to have in that video. But damn 28-33 and 48-58 secs in that video really sounds rFactor 2ish.

I agree with you 2 a milllllllllion percent.

Do you guys think that maybe a more advanced sound engine, with more things being involved in making the sound (instead of just a blending of 3 audio files low mid high rpm), sounds bouncing off walls, calculated reverb and effects, more things of the car that contribute to the engine and exhaust sound again other than just a blending of 3 audio files. Basically, like an audio engine that will be doing more "stuff" with the sounds that you insert in the game. Do you guys think that will allow the cars to have a more "full" "wall of sound" "sound filling the air/environment" type of sound??......I think so.....rather than having to sort of fake that by having to crank your speakers. We can tell a car is loud as hell in many real life videos even if my volume is at 2 out of 10, it has nothing to do with how loud you crank your speakers (although that helps :) lol), and I wish it was like that with games too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012