Formula Pro custom skins

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Hinyaldee, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    chisco85 and AlexHeuskat like this.
  2. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

You're the best ! As usual, I'll give you feedback tomorrow on the car, thanks :)

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

4. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

3 cars to go, and then suits/gloves.
    Try out the
    2021skins.rfcmp above and install with mod manager
    Will be a new Class "Formula Pro 2021"
    unfortunately in the class selection it Shows the Team badge for the first alphabetically team, Alpine, Haven't found a way to make a set badge. Seems like all other downloaded cars are the same.

20220125090604_1.jpg

vava74, Duncan, atomed and 3 others like this.
  5. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

Just tried, and found no issue at the moment. Every team/livery/driver were there and proper !

Attached Files:

6. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

thanks, glad I haven't made any stupid mistakes.

This one is taking ages.
    but I think it turned out pretty well

20220127174338_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    vava74, atomed, Hazi and 4 others like this.
  7. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

The colour seems fine to me. Maybe it's one of the layers being problematic ?

8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@Smeghead I'm not a fan of most of the F1's, and some of them dont fit well on a Fpro, but you have done a great job in making these liveries, with great respect for accuracy and high detail. And love your effect with metallic where needed. Thumbs up!

9. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

I chnaged the Image, The one left is what I went with. I was working off a set of images from the launch and the colours looked very different. I went with a more red colour that matches outdoor images better, but it's very hard to get an exact colour match.

ThomasJohansen and Hinyaldee like this.
  10. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

Does using the colour picker from a picture work ? Could it help ? I don't know if there are colour codes available otherwise

11. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Yeah, in Photoshop I use color picker from reference images but because of shadows and highlights it's very hard to get an actual colour. Then you have to tone down the colours as they appear brighter in game, and then using the region map you can assign different paint types with lacquer shades and metallic effects.
    End result is I just play around till it looks about right to the best photos I can find.

12. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

Yeah, no wonder I would struggle heavily with all of that work. I'm not even used to drawing on my Surface either. Can't play with the shades, shadows and colours properly enough to give depth to a drawing, which is why I remain on paper :D

13. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Wow, awesome job! I am very green when it comes to this stuff and installed the skins through the game. Is there a way to have ONLY your skins show up and not the stock ones? Is this related to installing with mod manager? Thank you for any help

14. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Yeah, Here's a link to a rfmp file which has the currently completed skins. Just install through mod manager and you will have a new carset "Formula Pro 2021" which separates them from the originals.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/144sldREurmYm7Sx4kIE82rHwowWbfZ3o/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  15. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

I think I'm losing the will to live.
    So much effort for such an ugly livery.
    Williams WIP
    20220131093040_1.jpg

Hinyaldee, Elcid43 and lagg like this.
  16. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Lol, they should have done something loosely based on the Canon style livery!

I must be doing something wrong (since I have never used Mod manager before). The car shows up as Formula Pro 2021 but when I select it and go to race all the stock liveries are mixed in with it. :(

What folder do I need to put your file in originally? Sorry for the trouble.

17. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Hmm, haven't had that issue. Check your opponents, probably clear the lot and then add formula pro 2021.
    Sorry not near my PC but it sound like something along those lines.
    If you've got them showing up at all then it's probably installed correctly.
    When I've got all cars done I'll try to upload to steam workshop, though that seems to be less easy than it should be

Elcid43 likes this.
  18. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

@Smeghead is right, you need to remove the others. Otherwise, you can do like me and create a new mod called whatever you like and there you select the Formula Pro car and untick the others :
    upload_2022-1-31_8-27-49.png

You do that using the Mas Utility Tool in Support/Tools

Attached Files:

Elcid43 likes this.
  19. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

I tried figuring out the Mas utility for a while but had no luck, I will try again when I have regained some patience :)

Would it be asking too much for a Marlboro Mclaren Honda livery? Would glady donate some coffee bud.

Thank you guys

20. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

just checked on my pc, for me every time I installed it, I just got these cars as my opponents by default. I'm guessing You've got the regular formula pro opponents selected as well.
    in session settings go to opponents and "remove all" then just select 2021 under opponent filter and it should add just the cars from the pack.
    20220201073202_1.jpg