Formula ISI Guide / Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by prescient, Mar 1, 2020.

1. prescient

prescient Registered

A few questions on the formula ISI 2012 car. First, is there a guide available for this car (setup, engine modes, etc)?

Second, does the car have a qualy mode? If so how do you access it? I've been racing against the AI and I trounce them in practice and in a race, but in qualifying they seem to be a few seconds faster than me. If there is a qualy mode how do you access it?

Third are there any tips for setting up the AI or do folks tend to just give them the same setup that they are driving?

If this is all covered somewhere please point me in that direction!

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I'm afraids that's just a trade of the AI code in general...
    Something can be done to it I think... But requires a lot of work from trackmakers or acquiring the knowledge yourself. I believe you can set a specific AI-strength exclusively for Qualifying... Somewhere in the GDB-file or something like that... If for instance you beat them easily at 100% in Prac and Race... But you're no where near them in Qual, you can then overwrite the overall strength setting of 100% by putting a line in somewhere in the track files so it's only say 97% in Qual...

Don't quote me on it, but I think it's a thing...

3. prescient

prescient Registered

Thanks I'll look into the GDB file. And that is my exact problem. I can go last to first at 100% difficulty in the race, but somehow I'm 2secs off in qual. I need to look, but I'm wondering if they are running with way too much fuel for a 20min race(?).