SOLVED Formula E steering lock

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Gary_S85, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

So downloaded the formula E bundle and I can't really get the car turned around some of the corners at the London e prix circuit. To get around some corners I have to do a full 360+ rotation in one direction to get full lock.
    If I edit the steering rack in setup menu, this limits my car steering lock. I have max rotation in game set to 900, fanatec max to 900 degrees and car specific set to auto as decided by rf2. So I do get the hard lock at 760 degrees or whatever it is,, but surely there is a way to reduce this is set up to say, 450 or whatever, whilst still achieving the same full physical steering lock at the front wheels.
    Am I missing something.

2. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

If I'm understanding your request correct, you want the max physical steering lock in the setup but a lower wheel range?
    For that you just set Range set by vehicle in CALIBRATE CONTROLS to OFF and set your own desired wheel range. Keep max steering lock in the setup of the car.

3. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

Yes, so in for gen 1 car it's maximum rotation is 900 degrees on the car setup menu. When I change this in the car setup, it just limits the steering wheel rotation and the physic wheels on the car, whereas changing the rack like this should reduce the physical steering wheel rotation, but still provide full lock on the front axel.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is normal now. Changing the setup rotation (mostly) doesn't affect the ratio (which is sort of cool for most on-track driving, but doesn't suit your preferences in this scenario).

Do what Robin says - set your wheel rotation in the game manually, using smaller values will speed up the steering. Keep the setup rotation full so you don't limit the steered angle (at the wheels).

Gary_S85 likes this.