[REL] Formula BMW (iDT) - NEW BUILD 1.69

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

New Build 1.69, November 14th, 2023:
    - fixed "shining" suit and gloves

Steam version is available with the templates too: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766873200

Here the link to the mod for manual downloading:
    https://mega.nz/file/W4xEiLLL#JbT3Z4JyDM_chhl7QYAG1ekUFOFIACSHDCa93vXDuyo

Here link to PBR template for manual downloading: --->https://mega.nz/file/L1g0CTga#ylNE-aYGTudnmlvBZD7Rs1uPZKMG5yazgqnNciKvoCU
    Here link to original template for manual downloading: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq57qg8kftnb81z/FormulaBMW original Template.psd?dl=0

Special thanks to Chris "redapg" for the unique features that we can add to the mods!
    ==========================================================
    Build 1.68, November 05th, 2023:
    - fixed steering wheel size

Build 1.67, June 5th, 2023:
    - fix display font due to new rF2 code

Build 1.66, August 2nd, 2022:
    - maintenance update IBL/PBR

Build 1.65, February 19th, 2022:
    - fixed black rain in certain tracks, due to wrong rF2 code

Build 1.64 (January 13th, 2022):
    - tuned driver's suit for new rF2 rain functionality

Build 1.63 (December 16th, 2021):
    - fixed tire wear (slick)
    - updated fuel consumption

Build 1.62 (September, 07th, 2021):
    - updated physics for ALL classes according to the feedback of former Formula BMW ADAC driver Michael Woller
    - added PBR liveries and driver helmets of 2004 Formula BMW ADAC Season vehicles

Build 1.29 (February 2nd, 2021):
    - updated AI behaviour
    - fixed gen files for debris (removed double gmt names)
    - updated old UI icons and added new web UI icons

Build 1.28:
    - added TV camera car in onboard cams
    - repositioned helmet for a better look

Build 1.26:
    - new slick tires CPM 2018
    - updated realtime section for wet tires
    - updated full rain effects for body, helmet, driver, mirrors
    - updated SMMG rain visors effect & Tear-off
    - updated scratchable body
    - updated/improved physics to last code

Build 1.19 for DX11 is available.

Fix for reflections... build 1.16. It is online on Steam (with a little automatic update for owners of previous build)

The new build will come with several enhancements, mainly:
    - new full flex chassis developed using the specific online tool of Chris: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rfactor-2-online-tools-by-chris-“redapg”.53457/
    - new steering wheel options developed as above
    - new engine developed as above
    - AIs tuned for working at 95% vs. humans
    - braking torque: decreased, but of course pushing hard, mostly the inner wheel lock as I suppose to be right
    - AI starting: improved a little, now you can overtake only one line, maybe...
    - tuned the stiffness of the chassis, to avoid unwanted oversteering exiting med corners and to have a well balanced car like the original rF1 version, but with the new technology and enhancements of rF2
    - gears: I discovered an unused final into the original mod and I apply it with a little tuning
    - recalculated several values in the realtime section of the tires (TGM) to improve them
    - new rear wet tires (TGM)
    - new TBC file (of course)
    - new opponents classes, now identifiable with full initials (i.e. FBMW2005ASIA, FBMW2006USA, etc...) for an easier choice
    - new talents file with tuned values
    - improved the resolution of some items into the cockpit

I hope to be at the finish line...
    Thank you

"Parts of this mod were taken from rFactor 2 and are used with the explicit permission of Studio 397. These parts remain the property of Studio 397 BV and may not be re-used for any purpose, including other mods without the explicit, written permission of Studio 397 BV. For more information on rFactor 2 and Studio 397, please visit: https://www.studio-397.com/".

For your reference, info on original 1.0 build: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/formula-bmw-ex-idt.53366/

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    Chet, Juergen-BY, Akela_DE and 11 others like this.
  2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Looking forward to it!

3. TheScrapanator

TheScrapanator Registered

I would like to add that the tires are not up to par, seem to use Rfactor 1 data or something like that. Contact srgp for better description of what I'm talking about.

4. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Will the steam workshop item be updated?

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

of course, when the build will be released to the public

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

okay, we are now at build 1.11 where, after tests of 1.05, I changed few things... like a more rigid chassis to avoid unwanted sudden reactions, just a bit on temp and wear for tires and few more things.
    It means to re-tune AIs vs. humans, that is not easy because there are a large number of cars/drivers for matching the yearly championships of the real car. And "talents" have different skills... in addition tracks can make a big difference.
    Well, after few more feedback, the mod will be ready for the public release and, in the end, we have the "AI Strength" slider...

TwoHardCore, Miro and Magus like this.
  8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

thank you Slow Motion for the update

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post updated for more info about improvements

SRGP and Magus like this.
  10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Build 1.15 is now available... please refer to the first post or subscribe it on Steam (or auto-updated).
    Thank you.

SRGP, Magus, hexagramme and 1 other person like this.
  11. RoWo

RoWo Member

Thanks Slow Motion for the update. I love the car, especially the physics.
    But there seems to be a problem with graphics, it was already there in first released version.

On Non-ISI-Tracks there is no environment-reflection.

Here for example on Lausitzring - no environment reflection.
    [​IMG]
    Here for example on ISI_Silverstone - environment reflection.
    [​IMG]

Can you please check and maybe fix this? Thanks.

12. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

You found a track bug. Not a car bug. :)

13. RoWo

RoWo Member

Not sure. With other cars I get environment reflections on Lausitzring. And I tested some other tracks too, and only the Formula BMW doesn't show the reflection. It seems to be a combination of car and track.

EDIT: Tested some other tracks:
    - there is no reflection on Mid Ohio (VirtuaLM) or Lausitzring (Digga) for example
    - there is reflection on ISI-Tracks, on Nogaro (PixSim) or Hungaroring (RaceRFactor) for example

With other car/mod I don't have this issue.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Welcome to the science experiment that is rF2. Hopefully these sorts of issues will be sorted-out someday soon with S397 at the helm. There are about 20 more just like it.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am excited about trying this update.

However, I hate Steam. 1. I am already subscribed to this car since it came out. 2. As of 24 hours after the car was updated , it still does not show up in the Workshop under "Most Recent" when I look just now. 3. You have to use search to find it. 4. When you do find it, it says v1.15 as it should per this news item. 5. Despite that, my rF2 still has the old version. 6. There is seemingly no way to force the update to occur, since it is not auto-updating.

What kind of system is this? Idiot-proof if you are an idiot. Not possible to control properly if you have a brain.

I cannot uninstall the car from the rF2 Content menu, because it's a Steam item. On Steam Workshop, I have to click on My Subscribed Items and then page through to find the item, unsubscribe. Reload rF2. Exit rF2. Re-subscribe. Reload rF2 again. The old way was only more difficult if Steam updates actually worked properly, which they never has for me.

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I think I've found the reason... but it needs to be tested on specific tracks where it currently doesn't work.
    I asked for testing the mod before releasing this build... maybe next time could be more productive to participate to the test... testing the car where you knew having the issue. Anyway, we can do it in the future!
    Not sure to release a new build only for that.

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Marc, I don't want to discuss about Steam, but I hope to have uploaded the mod correctly. So I hope the issue is not my mistake...

18. Magus

Magus Registered

Nope, mine auto-updated via steam without any problems. I'm not sure why Marc is having problems but you could just go to your;

X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles directory
    delete the folder 'Formula BMW' and restart rF2 and let it reinstall the mod.
    My folder definitely states 1.15 in both the file directory and the Mod manager.

19. RoWo

RoWo Member

Sorry, I saw your post, where you gave possibility for testing. But at this moment I forgot, that there was this issue on some tracks. For physics I'm not the right guy for testing, so I thought I won't participate on test. :)

I don't know, how difficult to fix. But I think it's worth to release a new build. ;)

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

If it is what I suspect, it takes only few time... Asap I'll do some test and report here...