Formula 3 ITALIA - DALLARA F308/309 FPT (WIP/NO RELEASE)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tuttle, May 14, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+++1 :)

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Interesting vehicle, first one that I have seen using 10 Caster :eek:

You have toe out as positive and ISI cars have toe out as negative, I'm curious how it is so?

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

High casters are typical in modern F3 cars, since first F300 series which are VERY VERY understeery. With the new pushrod design (upright mounted) you can get 12 to 13.5° of Caster. The first result you get is a strong and heavy FFB feeling and a very high stability in straights. :)

About the Toe it's just a special parameter overwrite, but values are Positive Toe In and Negative Toe Out. The negative sign meaning the turn direction of the turn step...but I've to admit it's pretty counter intuitive as many other manual's adjustments. I could decide to keep the old standard (direct reading of HDV paramters) if I see too many people going mad with garage settings. :)

4. artonsennathebest

artonsennathebest Registered

models look great. hope they won't cause fps drops.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I find it interesting that Formula 2 uses very low caster compared to those others. With street cars, first they used negative caster, then bit positive, then lot of positive and I think they did go to less caster after 90's, haven't really followed much after that as every car became soap box, but there are kind of trends, I guess same applies to open wheelers too.

Toe setting does read Out and In, that should work for most, I doubt many will even notice negative, positive signs as all that matters is how much and out or in. Maybe other modders might notice as it is interesting difference and always curious why things are how they are as there are always chance there being something to be learned :D

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi Tuttle

Is this still in progress? The original pics look very impressive

7. Tuttle

Hey,

The mod is finished but actually parked as I bought a couple of used Kumho S700 tires and I need to spend a bit of time to get a proper tire data working properly...:)

I hope to find the time to do the job soon...

8. Twista

Twista Registered

That's great news! Is there any chance you're going to do multiple sidewall textures for the different tire manufacturers? JF3 uses Advans, and here in Britain we use Cooper Tires. Am I asking too much? :cool:

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Wow, Tuttle- that's dedication!

10. Tuttle

Well, the chassis/suspension physics is set for Kumho tires, as the original manual indicates different solutions for different tires, and I'm modeling the Kumho setup... Of course everybody will be free to create different sidewall graphics, using templates, but the tire model will be bases on kumho...:)

BTW...this is something require a good range of time to be done properly (the TGM) and now I'm working on another project with a highest priority task...but will be done for sure ASAP...;)

11. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

wow,this is good news,:)

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:cool:

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:cool:

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Cool Tuttle. You are on fire!

15. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

I love formulas cars and I'm sure this will be one of the best things we'll see in the SimRacing, Tuttle take your time, I'm just very excited to see and try this :eek:

16. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

This looks A+. Can't wait to get it on the track. Gotta do a little research so I can have an idea of what this car is supposed to feel like so I wont go in blind. Like how does it compare to the F2 cars?

17. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

[​IMG]

18. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

The info I found is: F3 "Euro Series" 220 HP between 5000 and 7500 rpm. View attachment 6711 :D

F2 and 425 HP at 8250 rpm and 480 hp at 8250 rpm,
    please if not like this, correct me, but is an approximate

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Toe in = positive toe = tyres pointing in towards eachother

Toe out = negative toe = tyres pointing out away from eachother

That's it :)

20. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Exactly, and i think it should be this way in the setup, negative for toe out and positive for toe in.

I've mentioned it somewhere else, but it didn't get any notice by others: For example, the Megane is set up wrong. It might say +2mm (out) or -2mm (in). If you use the + button until max setting, you end up with +4mm (out). That is very confusing. But not all cars are that way if i remember correctly.

I just checked the Formula 2, max with the -button reads 0mm, max with +button reads OUT 12mm.

The Corvette (which is scaled in degrees) is right.

edit: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3484-Garage-page?p=59478&highlight=#post59478

Could it be that the ones measuring in mm's might be the wrong way round because of the steering rack mounted in front or behind the axle? If so, all cars clearly should be changed to degrees in the setup page.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013