Formula 1 1988 released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by carrera.4, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Berger

Berger Registered

Blip the throttle on downshifts and it will be fine.

Mauro, FORMULAEFAN71 and Rui Santos like this.
  2. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

Can confirm this is what fixed the problem, even to the extent of using throttle mid corner as well

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Well that is what you do when engine braking is too hard, you cancel it by some application of throttle. Braking in straight line as much as possible helps too.

With cars like this, I like to skip gears when downshifting. Just blip is not enough. You have to use every tool in the disposal if engine brake is too interfering.

The blip, waiting of rpm to drop low enough, straighten braking path, brake bias, downforce increase/balance, dampers and suspension to control pitch, hardening front, softening rear rebound damping, differential preload and coast lock increase, wheel alignment.

Engine braking has always fascinated me. As much as I know it is possible to control amount of vacuum that causes engine braking. I wonder when it is only that much what engineer can do to battle engine braking torque, and why. Also very interested if by some chance engine braking could be used to some degree as braking power addition, although it obviously makes driving fast more demanding, and more challenging for a driver. In my personal opinion it is best when there is just a tiny bit of locking at the rear when braking, besides adding some braking power it often also helps to rotate the car a bit more in the curves.

4. atomed

atomed Member

@mantasisg the engine helping you take the corner with that extra torque oversteer is one of the best feelings I can have driving.

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  5. jepeto

jepeto Registered

is a server can use the mod CE with monza track from studio 397 ?
    regards