[WIP] Forestheim Last Public Beta - Preorder ends 02/28

Discussion in 'Locations' started by sergioloro, Nov 26, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The download even the link in the email doesn´t work for me.

3. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

mmm... works OK here, what kind of error give to you?

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

its very very very slow and stops after a while.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I gave it a quick spin when I had the time and I enjoyed the layout and camber, I still have to find old footage to see how it compares. That aspect and the road itself was nice, the graphics are very GPLish however.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

I sent the AI out for a spin but alas they didn`t really get out of the pits. They just crashed into each other and seemed to take wrong turns etc...

Kinda strange.

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

Not really considering the first post says AI is not done :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh... good point... :p

:p

9. jugatsu92

jugatsu92 Registered

Preordered.. thank you for this nice project, cheer up! :cool:

10. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

i would like to you be more specific, can you post screenshot with areas that are "gplish" or is a global feeling...... honestly textures are very good detailed.
    if this is about terrain, this is the way i edit track right now.
    still i had to learn a lot for sure, but right now this is the best i can do it :), does not mean i can improve in a near future...
    thanks
    cheers

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hi Sergio, I don't know if I have time today but hopefully tomorrow I can run a bit and take some screenshots and compare with other content :). By GPLish I meant the saturation (I don't know the stock textures so it could be the game) and lack of shading, the trees alongside the road have that GPL tree wall effect, the sharpness of change from object to object, there's no transition in terrain and when packed together, there is no blending into the environment. I will say the road itself, there were two patches on the road where I felt a change.... that certainly isn't accidental and it was a nice touch.

I will try to provide good constructive feedback, there's no point giving meaningless praise and have you end up not fulfilling the potential of the work you can produce. Plus I love Hockenheim, and maybe with not tooooooo many tweaks it could be made into pre-2002 Hockenheim for the F1s :).

12. stonec

stonec Registered

I would agree most trees are a bit too saturated with HDR (picture). I don't see issue with texture itself, just coloring and brightness is a bit too much. I know this is not very easy to get right, I spent weeks tuning trees for my Suzuka conversion

13. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

not problem, thats kind of info i need. but please provide screenshots, since english is not my native language sometimes i dont get rigth what people means. thanks

14. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

yes, i had to check all trees HDR effects, hard to tune as you says :)

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I will. What's your native language, Spanish or Portuguese? I am fluent on the latter (native) and can communicate mostly very well in the former. If it's Italian.... I forgot a lot :p. Quick question: Is the loading screen final? If you could do a poster like the GPL race posters, it'd be really cool and better than the current format with the two photos, two German flags, and the logo. Also higher resolution helps :).

About HDR, Tosch is able to get around very well some of the game's limitations. I'd suggest reaching out to him for potential tips and help, if he is able to assist.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I totally agree. :)

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That kind of post doesn't help

18. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

i am going to try a new design for load screens, i had some ideas but need time to do this, i want some vintage looking.
    my native language is spanish :)

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I really hope you don't mean my post, mate.

How would it not be helpful for him to know that more than one single person thinks the trees are over-saturated?
    If it was me, then I'd be interested to know if it is a general feeling that people have, or just one single guy, before I started working more on it.
    So now Sergio knows that at least two people think the trees are over-saturated.

Also don't speak on his behalf, please.
    If he has something to say about how/what I post, I'm sure he'll let me know. Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Something like this could be placed on the left side of the screen with the right side being track information. It'd be even more awesome if you could work your track logo INTO the poster. And for background I'd suggest keeping it to simple colors as images have the issue of pixelating when rendered at higher resolutions.

[​IMG]