SOLVED Force the AI to use a defined Path

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by redapg, Sep 10, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello @Alex Sawczuk and @Coutie ,
    i would like to know, if there is a Way in Dev Mode, to force the AI to use an in the AIW File defined Path, other than the FASTEST?
    I tried to do it with an rcd File where i used the Path in the DrivingLine = Entry, but it gets ignored and only the FASTEST gets used.
    It would be a great help for creating AIW Files, if we could check the BLOCK and other Pathes directly, by forcing the AI to use them.
    I think i also could create a Tool (online, like my other Tools) that swaps the Pathes in the AIW File, but to be honest, i would prefer to have an easier Possibility, like to force it by a rcd File Entry, for Example. :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Is that what you guys were talking about here.....
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....21-community-update.72085/page-6#post-1101824
    That is a shame as it looked like Manfredk2 had some success with rcd file (I not tried myself).
    I did not understand your last part of your wish--> "It would be a great help for creating AIW Files, if we could check the BLOCK and other Pathes directly, by forcing the AI to use them."?

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

@Jka would be the one to ask.

redapg likes this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello @Jka,
    i would like to know, if there is a Way in Dev Mode, to force the AI to use an in the AIW File defined Path, other than the FASTEST?
    I tried to do it with an rcd File where i used the Path in the DrivingLine = Entry, but it gets ignored and only the FASTEST gets used.
    It would be a great help for creating AIW Files, if we could check the BLOCK and other Pathes directly, by forcing the AI to use them.
    I think i also could create a Tool (online, like my other Tools) that swaps the Pathes in the AIW File, but to be honest, i would prefer to have an easier Possibility, like to force it by a rcd File Entry, for Example.
    Optimal would be, that, if you select the Visible/Actionable Path, that this selected Path gets used by AI too. :)

Thanks for the Hint.

Yes, that is what i mean.
    And the last Part of my Post is meant in this Way:
    When you, for Example, drive the FASTEST Path for Cars with much Grip and also another one for Cars with low Grip, that you call FAST_LOWG for Example, you can not check how the AI drives on the FAST_LOWG, if you can not force them to use that Path, because by default, always the fastest Path gets used.

And as said, i tried it with rcd Files, like it is made for the Trembling Mountain Track and also with a "normal" rcd File for the Vehicle, but none of them worked.
    It still was the FASTEST Path that was used.
    There for Example is an Option in the AIW Editor, labeled with "Copy Path 2 onto 1", but that is not what i need and if it works at all.
    Optimal would be, that, if you select the Visible/Actionable Path, that this selected Path gets used by AI too.

DJCruicky likes this.
  5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Go to advanced options in the editor and you can force the ai to use any line there. It's not a new function it's been there since rf1

DJCruicky and redapg like this.
  6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

as Alex said. You can cycle through all available pathes

20220910085033_1.png

redapg likes this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

I work with rFactor since it came out in 2005 and as you can see, i still not know everything.
    But it's also caused by my old Eyes a little bit, that don't see everything anymore. :D
    Thanks for pointing me to that!

DJCruicky likes this.
  8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

;)

redapg likes this.